[#2]
Huh?
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 8:24:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Huh?
View Quote

Read ar15s Twitter feed.   Earlier today godaddy gave the website the boot.  They had to move to a new provider. Some people could see ar15.com and some couldn’t because it takes some time for DNS to update.  I was trying to pass along the warning and what the backup url was before DNS was caught up and made the site unavailable to everyone.

It seems most of their migration is now completed maybe?   If not they have a backup url that you can use. https://www.ar15-backup.com
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 10:56:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Welcome to hours ago.

We are already past all of that shit
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:08:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Welcome to hours ago.

We are already past all of that shit
View Quote

Really?  Maybe you should tell Juan Avila that as he believe they are still in the process of moving everything.  Strange that you know more then Juan does.

https://www.ar15-backup.com/forums/general/OFFICIAL-STATEMENT-REGARDING-TODAY-S-EVENTS-January-11th-2020/5-2413380/?r=90421148&page=1&anc=90421148&fbclid=IwAR1jsxwpPOdGbLj8lfRtso0YQN10SR2v3oryJOHMoj40JPYFCPMNNNyhnEY#i90421148

https://twitter.com/AR15COM/status/1348796132084879364

https://www.facebook.com/ar15com/posts/3511315678964729

Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:37:52 PM EDT
[#7]

This is what happened today:

Godaddy emailed goatman and said we were going down due to ToS violations
Staff setup the backup
Godaddy reversed their decision and AR15.com was restored.

AR15.com never went down for me, it went down for lots of others though

Staff is going to move registrars because of godaddy being fucky, despite restoring our registration

the end.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:52:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Staff setup the backup

Staff is going to move registrars because of godaddy being fucky, despite restoring our registration

the end.
View Quote

Then goatman and Avila need to clarify their statements as they are the ones giving out old information.  I did loose ar15.com until I switched to a different dns server.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 9:37:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Staff setup the backup

the end.
View Quote

Sure, but we all know that DNS propagation is a slow and delayed process.  It could take up to 24 hours for a change to take effect, or it could happen nearly instantly.  When things change back and forth, it makes things really weird for people on large websites like this.  I expect that some people will still be seeing problems today because of this.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 3:43:36 PM EDT
[#10]
I just got a text from a friend sending me a news link and asking about it so I got right in.  I told him that somewhere someone needs to make sure they paid their internet bill then I saw this. A little surprised the site was hosted with GoDaddy with what I've heard about them.  Seems like it was scuttlebutt read on the AZ HTF about working conditions and concerns about weapons in the workplace.  Funniest example was that if an employee had a birthday and someone brought a cake that security would have to brought in with the knife to cut the cake.  Didn't think to ask if maybe the security guard just really liked cake.

I hear AWS may have some recently freed up capacity.

Jester
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 6:53:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I just got a text from a friend sending me a news link and asking about it so I got right in.  I told him that somewhere someone needs to make sure they paid their internet bill then I saw this. A little surprised the site was hosted with GoDaddy with what I've heard about them.  Seems like it was scuttlebutt read on the AZ HTF about working conditions and concerns about weapons in the workplace.  Funniest example was that if an employee had a birthday and someone brought a cake that security would have to brought in with the knife to cut the cake.  Didn't think to ask if maybe the security guard just really liked cake.

I hear AWS may have some recently freed up capacity.

Jester
View Quote

ARFCOM is hosted on AWS.  Which is bringing it's own set of problems.

You've conflated domain name registrar and hosting.  Two distinct services, not provided by the same services company in the case of AR15.COM.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 10:53:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Just moved my five domains from GoDaddy to EPIK.COM.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top