Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/11/2022 10:04:53 PM EDT
I'm going to apply for a OR CHL, and will need to use the new Permitium website. I need to upload docs, but it doesnt say what type of uploads i need ie: scanned PDF? jpeg pics? My scanner does not work so if I need that I will have to go to kinkos or somewhere.

It says to have everything ready before starting.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 11:56:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Either photo or pdf should be fine. I haven’t seen any issues with either in the other applications.
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 2:48:02 AM EDT
[#2]
thanks!
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 4:14:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I used JPEG for my renewal earlier this month, and all were accepted just fine.  I have mine though Columbia County, and the Sheriff's office is great to work with!  I see you are also from WA... ping me direct if you want to see waht i put down for my "compelling reason" for an Oregon CHL.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 2:22:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Under the requirements for 'Proof of Firearms Safety',  it says "Is licensed or has been licensed to carry a firearm in this state, unless the license has been revoked;"

Am I safe to assume a copy of my old expired OR CHL fits this criteria?
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 9:57:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Under the requirements for 'Proof of Firearms Safety',  it says "Is licensed or has been licensed to carry a firearm in this state, unless the license has been revoked;"

Am I safe to assume a copy of my old expired OR CHL fits this criteria?
View Quote

IIRC that works depending on county. The only problem would be if it’s long expired.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 11:07:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Recently got my CHL.  Used my mid 90's Oregon CHL, current Idaho Enhanced CHL and the document showing I had completed the handgun. Shooting requirement for the Idaho license.  No issues using these.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 1:04:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Does the 'compelling reason' still apply, in light of the recent SCOTUS decision?
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 11:58:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Does the 'compelling reason' still apply, in light of the recent SCOTUS decision?
View Quote

There is nothing on the application asking why you are applying for a CHL.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 2:59:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

For Washington State residents there is a requirement to state a "compelling reason".

Washington residents must meet these additional requirements
1. You must have a current Washington State issues CPL which can be used as one piece of your identification when applying for your Oregon CHL.
2. When applying for your CHL, you must complete a statement stating a compelling reason as to your need for an Oregon CHL, which will be answered in response to a question in the application.

Link Posted: 7/19/2022 3:16:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

For Washington State residents there is a requirement to state a "compelling reason".

1. You must have a current Washington State issues CPL which can be used as one piece of your identification when applying for your Oregon CHL.
2. When applying for your CHL, you must complete a statement stating a compelling reason as to your need for an Oregon CHL, which will be answered in response to a question in the application.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wonder if it would fly to just quote the Second Amendment as your compelling reason
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top