Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 48
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 1:46:07 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 5/26/2023 2:02:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mhbaker81] [#2]
Today's ANJRPC email communication includes a link to sign-up for text alerts for the latest information in our ever-changing 2A landscape, to include the ongoing injunction and appeal by the state. Might be a good way to stay close to the action.

Link Posted: 5/26/2023 2:08:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mhbaker81:
Today's ANJRPC email communication includes a link to sign-up for text alerts for the latest information in our ever-changing 2A landscape, to include the ongoing injunction and appeal by the state. Might be a good way to stay close to the action.

View Quote
Good idea.

Here's the url without all that tracking mumbo jumbo in your link.

https://app.ottertext.com/subscribe/anjrpc

Link Posted: 5/26/2023 4:42:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 5/26/2023 5:05:48 PM EDT
[#5]
@Demeroma OUTCH! Since I am not on Twitter thank you for the quote/update!

Maxwell
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 6:04:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Maxwell:

Maxwell
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Maxwell
I'm glad I have the time to spread the word in the HTF.

Here's something else I found on Face book:

Out of the goodness of his heart Murphy gave the civilian NICS employees a worker's appreciation day off today!

Just another way to take away your 2nd amendment rights without passing a law!

Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:52:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Demeroma:
Good idea.

Here's the url without all that tracking mumbo jumbo in your link.

https://app.ottertext.com/subscribe/anjrpc

View Quote

Thanks! I updated the original, as well.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 12:02:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Demeroma] [#8]
Gun For Hire Radio #627 Memorial Day and let’s respect those that have made the ultimate sacrifice.

it's Memorial Day and let's respect all those that have made the ultimate sacrifice.
Today we cover "others", where you can carry, and major updates.
View Quote

GFH radio #627
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 9:24:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Evan Nappen's podcast:

Largest Gun Ban in USA

Serial Number" gun law has no exemption for pre-68.
View Quote

there are plenty of these guns out there with no serial numbers. So, they recognize that these guns are out there. But it's not exempted in any way. Even if you transport pursuant to the exemptions for transport, if you transport pursuant to what are on the State Police FAQ guidelines, they do not exempt you for guns that fall under the "No Serial Number" gun ban. It actually isn't covered at all.
View Quote

Gun Lawyer #135
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 10:15:48 PM EDT
[#10]
#FJD speaks!  

Assemblyman did you write an unconstitutional bill?

I don't believe I did write....uh a bill....though I'm one of many authors that contributed...
View Quote
FJD thinks judge Bumb was appointed by Trump. The interviewer corrected him and told him that the judge was appointed by G.W. Bush.

The FJD clown show starts at about the 17:14 minute mark.

News 12

Link Posted: 5/29/2023 10:18:29 PM EDT
[#11]
An editorial from News2A

If Only I Had A NJ Legislator In The Car With Me Today

I had a very scary situation today. If only I had one of New Jersey's rabidly anti-gun legislators in the car with me today, they just might understand why we carry.
View Quote

I do believe that if Joe Danielsen or John McKeon or one of their colleagues were in the front seat with me today, I'd be scrubbing the hell out of that seat and Febreezing my car instead of writing this article right now. At least they would have a real understanding of why we choose our 2nd Amendment right to self-defense.
View Quote

link
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 6:23:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Here's an excerpt from an Ammoland article:

Permits to Purchase or Carry Arms are Infringements of Second Amendment Rights

Some judges have claimed there is historical support which allows the requirement of a permit to purchase arms or the carry arms. Chief Judge Renee Marie Bumb of the Federal District Court, D. of New Jersey, in her opinion issued [embedded below] on May 16, 2023, implies the requirement to obtain a permit to obtain and carry arms is acceptable in American history.

Judge Bumb treats a permit to purchase and a permit to carry as essentially the same. The "why" of the law is to disarm dangerous people; to a lesser extent, it is to prevent dangerous people from having arms.

There is much which is positive in Judge Bumb's opinion. Finding there is a historical acceptance of requiring a permit to carry, or even purchase, a firearm is an unfortunate misreading by Judge Bumb
View Quote

link

I agree with the last two sentences.

Link Posted: 5/30/2023 7:20:18 PM EDT
[#13]
The Truth About NJ Carry Permits: Is Excessive Training a Mistake?
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 2:25:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Demeroma] [#14]
Koons / Siegel 3rd circuit appeals update:

Koons v Platkin  (Koons plaintiffs - David Jensen's response)

link  (broken link)

Koons v Platkin (Siegel plaintiffs - Dan Schmutter's response)

link (broken link)

eta:  FPC has the two plaintiff's replies here.

News2A
@News2ATeam
"The state counters that states necessarily suffer irreparable harm when 'democratically-enacted laws' are enjoined. But that is not truewhen (as here) the statute is unconstitutional."

I love this line from the brief.

@NewJerseyOAG
whines that the state incurs harm due to the enjoinment of their intentionally oppressive and punitive law. Oh... the irony.
View Quote

News2A
@News2ATeam
Giving a read to
@DanielSchmutter
filing in the matter of
@NewJerseyOAG
requesting a stay pending appeal to the 3rd Circuit aka #NewJersey trying to put Judge Bumb's preliminary injunction on hold.

Apparently, AG Plankton doesn't know how to follow procedure. The state must first seek a stay at the district court. They may only appeal the PI to the 3rd Circuit Court of Appeals if they do not get the requested relief at the district court level.
View Quote

ETA:  tried correcting the links but for some reason they don't work.  If you want to read the responses you can find them at the FPC website: link

Link Posted: 6/2/2023 5:54:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Koons / Siegel 3rd circuit appeals update:

Today New Jersey gave their response in support of an emergency motion for a stay pending appeal.

New Jersey's garbage response can be found at the FPC link below:

2023-6-2: Reply in Support of Emergency Motion for Stay Pending Appeal

Link Posted: 6/3/2023 10:40:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Montville, NJ guys listen up. This was posted on NJ Gun Forums.

Sometime your local government works got a call from my PD records department today.  I have an early permit that came with Morris County judge's court order, specific gun and carry the order.  Our police chief would like to reissued my permit with no restrictions, just fill out the application again, two new photos and the consent for Mental Health check, no fingerprints, and drop it off but wait I asked what will this cost me ..no charge!!!! Sometimes you can't make this up ..i jokingly asked if there was a lamination fee?
View Quote

What town? i want to move there

Okay it worked, Montville Township, Chief asked residents to fill out new application and notarized, 2 more pictures .turn in "old" ID card and original court order, issued new permit with no restrictions  1 week turnaround time and  no charge!!!
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/3/2023 2:05:26 PM EDT
[#17]

View All Quotes

Sometime your local government works got a call from my PD records department today.  I have an early permit that came with Morris County judge's court order, specific gun and carry the order.  Our police chief would like to reissued my permit with no restrictions, just fill out the application again, two new photos and the consent for Mental Health check, no fingerprints, and drop it off but wait I asked what will this cost me ..no charge!!!! Sometimes you can't make this up ..i jokingly asked if there was a lamination fee?

Okay it worked, Montville Township, Chief asked residents to fill out new application and notarized, 2 more pictures .turn in "old" ID card and original court order, issued new permit with no restrictions  1 week turnaround time and  no charge!!!

There are a lot of really good LEO people in NJ, unfortunately they are outnumbered, especially by the Democratic lawmakers constantly trying to infringe on our 2nd Amendment rights.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 2:38:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By bigford632:

There are a lot of really good LEO people in NJ, unfortunately they are outnumbered, especially by the Democratic lawmakers constantly trying to infringe on our 2nd Amendment rights.
View Quote
Speaking of Democratic lawmakers, early voting for the primary election started yesterday. Primary election day is June 6th, 'nuff said.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 12:05:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Demeroma] [#19]
Gun For Hire Radio #628 why are we the 3rd Tier being trampled and ignored?

why are we, the 3rd Tier, being trampled and ignored?

It's all part of the plan and we are in the way!

Criminals are victims and Victims are criminals!

Had enough?

Wake the F up!
View Quote

GFH radio #628

Link Posted: 6/4/2023 10:35:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Evan Nappen's podcast.

How to buy a cannon in NJ

So, today I want to tell all my dedicated listeners how to get a cannon in New Jersey. I felt that there was a pressing need for this knowledge, and I'm sure that you'll enjoy learning about this. Now one of the things that inspired me to talk about this cannon information. First of all, of course, it's fun and who doesn't like cannons? Also, you may find it surprising that you can actually lawfully have a cannon in New Jersey, since we're talking about the state that has banned slingshots and made them a felony, but cannons, it's a different story. You can have a cannon.
View Quote

Evan Nappen 21:25

I have a letter here from Dominic. Dominic writes, do I need to have additional training by this October? If so, what is required? Have you a checklist of the new requirements in effect now while awaiting resolution of pending litigation?
View Quote

Evan Nappen 23:48

Now, Jonathan writes a letter here that's very interesting. He said regarding guns in cars. I've been listening to your podcasts, and they are great. Very educational. Well, thank you, Jonathan. I appreciate it. My question is this. If you are carrying and have to go into a location that is legally prohibited, such as a school or a police station, is it legal to leave your gun secured in your car during that time? If so, what are the requirements for securing a gun in a car?
View Quote

Gun Lawyer podcast #136

Link Posted: 6/4/2023 10:55:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Demeroma] [#21]

Police: Shooting erupts at church in Camden County; investigation underway
link

Man found shot, injured on front steps of New Jersey church
llnk

eta:

Link Posted: 6/4/2023 1:01:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Human Trafficking | Don't Fall Victim To This Vicious Attack | Self Defense | Navy SEAL | Abducted
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 4:17:40 PM EDT
[#23]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiYpc_W9NwM

I saw this YouTube to back up what you posted. Does anyone that holds elected office have just two brain cells? Just asking.

Maxwell
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 5:25:36 PM EDT
[#24]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiYpc_W9NwM

I saw this YouTube to back up what you posted. Does anyone that holds elected office have just two brain cells? Just asking.

Maxwell
View Quote
How New Jersey Just Executed the Biggest Gun Grab in American History.

Made hot for you.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 6:44:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Koons / Siegel update:

link

Dan Schmutter filed this notice yesterday with the district court.

I may be wrong but I suspect he'll be filing his appeal with the 3rd Circuit for all the things we lost in the PI such as fees, playgrounds, etc.

Can't wait to see what his appeal says.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 11:55:10 PM EDT
[#26]
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12176057/Three-quarters-Princeton-students-say-acceptable-shout-speakers-disagree-with.html

And there should be no questions why we need CCW in the ‘Garden State’.

Maxwell
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 12:06:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Koons / Siegel update:

The 3rd circuit has ordered an expedited briefing schedule on the PI appeal.

Judge Krause is an Obama appointee and judge Porter is Trump Appointee.

Looks like the appeal will be heard on September 11th, 2023.  

Thankfully there's no word on a Stay ...... as of yet.

Link Posted: 6/9/2023 12:19:21 PM EDT
[#28]

News2A
@News2ATeam
Regarding the State of #NewJersey appeal in regards to the PI issued by Judge Bumb, the Third Circuit has granted the motion to expedite.

The Court intends to schedule the appeal for disposition during the week of September 11, 2023 and counsel should plan to be available.

There's also another letter from the court to Cai stating that the state was supposed to submit some paperwork and if not submitted within 14 days, the case will be dismissed.
View Quote

Here's the letter to Angela Cai:

Link Posted: 6/9/2023 2:47:40 PM EDT
[#29]

Link Posted: 6/10/2023 7:36:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 7:59:26 PM EDT
[#31]
2 Best Reasons YOU NEED a Gun Box for Your Vehicle

I've had one of those cheap Harbor Freight lock boxes chained in my car since January and haven't used it yet.

Link Posted: 6/11/2023 12:01:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Demeroma] [#32]

the 2A attacks are non stop and Bach is on fire! NJ and NY people: we are ahead and deep in the fight. Do not waiver. Do not give up!

7/1/23 new carry training requirements in NJ. Tune in.
View Quote

GFH radio #629
Link Posted: 6/11/2023 10:47:13 AM EDT
[#33]
Evan Nappen's podcast

The Push to Repeal 2A

Evan Nappen 01:50

Now, it's not a total repeal of the Second Amendment, but it's a repeal that has, well, we're going to review it, a number of elements that will essentially have the amazing chilling effect, as I'm sure they're intending. The fact that they're even proposing and pushing this repeal is proof of just how scared they are, and proof of how they know that they are on a losing side when it comes to what the Second Amendment means and any ability to try to overcome the spectacular opinion written by Justice Thomas.
View Quote

Evan Nappen 32:27

This is Evan Nappen reminding you that gun laws don't protect honest citizens from criminals. They protect criminals from honest citizens.
View Quote

Gun Lawyer #137
Link Posted: 6/11/2023 6:45:15 PM EDT
[#34]
so Colandro fights the fight …. From
Florida ? Lol
Link Posted: 6/11/2023 7:39:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By BSOG1:
so Colandro fights the fight  . From
Florida ? Lol
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/11/2023 7:40:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Video in link:

Link Posted: 6/13/2023 12:37:12 AM EDT
[#37]
Do you all remember FJD?

He's the NJ Dem's "gun guy" and also the "author"  of A4769  aka "the carry killer bill"

He recently introduced Bill A5495  to allow a PTC holder to carry while hunting.

Well, he's continuing to look out for us and our safety and has introduced a bill to keep us safe from bears by legalizing the possession of bear spray.

This bill would amend current law to allow a person to possess a device or product registered with and approved by the United States Environmental Protection Agency as a bear deterrent spray, provided that the device or product is in its original container and clearly indicates on its label that it is to deter attacks by bears on humans.  The possession of such a spray would be subject to all applicable State and federal laws, including but not limited to N.J.S.2C:39-5.

Under current law, a person 18 years of age or older, who has not been convicted of a crime, may possess a small, pocket-sized device capable of spraying a non-lethal chemical substance which causes temporary physical discomfort, also known as pepper spray or mace.  The law limits the size of the device to one which contains and releases not more than three-quarters of an ounce of spray.  A person possessing a larger quantity would be guilty of a disorderly persons offense and subject to a fine of at least $100.

The EPA regulates bear spray as a "pesticide" under federal law, and manufacturers of bear spray must register their products with, and receive approval from, the EPA.  Bear spray products approved by the EPA have been shown to be an effective, non-lethal deterrent capable of stopping aggressive behavior in bears.  To be approved by the EPA, a bear spray device must, among other things, contain a minimum content of 7.6 ounces, which is significantly larger than the maximum content of three-quarters of an ounce allowed under State law.  The labels on bear sprays approved by the EPA show the EPA registration and EPA establishment number for the product.  However, because bear spray devices contain much more than three-quarters of an ounce of a chemical substance, current State law effectively prohibits the possession of bear spray in New Jersey.  Personal defense sprays do not contain the correct active ingredients or have the amount necessary to divert or stop a charging or attacking bear.
View Quote

A5508

FJD really does care about us and our safety with the introduction of these bills and it's only a coincidence that he's up for re-election this November.

FJD

Link Posted: 6/13/2023 11:25:10 AM EDT
[#38]
This was recently posted on FB.

Koons/Siegel v Platkin - Where we are and where we are going.

In light of the recent ruling by US District Court Chief Judge Renee Bumb, it's important that we understand the current state of this case as well as what challenges lie ahead. Hopefully, this brief, layman's explanation, will be helpful in that understanding.

- Current State: Judge Bumb has issued her opinion and a Preliminary Injunction ("PI") enjoining enforcement of several major tenets of Chapter 131, i.e. The Carry Killer bill. The Insurance Mandate, carrying of a functional firearm while in a vehicle, in-person interviews of references, and multiple sensitive place restrictions have been enjoined and cannot be enforced by the State of New Jersey or any of its Agents. The PI went into effect immediately upon the issuance of the order and supersedes the previously issued TRO. The PI will remain in effect pending the outcome of the case, unless it is modified by Judge Bumb or stayed by an appeal to the Third Circuit Court of Appeals. The NJ Attorney general has already filed his Motion of Intent to Appeal with the Court but, at this time, no formal appeal has been filed nor do we know which aspects of the PI the State intends to challenge. If NJ is successful in its appeal, the stayed sections of Chapter 131 will go into effect.

- Future State: The case now moves forward to final adjudication. Lawyers for the parties will make their arguments before the Court. Testimony and evidence will be presented to persuade Judge Bumb that the challenges warrant Permanent Injunction on constitutional grounds or that they pass constitutional scrutiny per Bruen. At the end of the trial, Judge Bumb will issue a final ruling in the case. Challenged sections of the law will be either permanently enjoined from enforcement, modified or restricted in scope by the Court, or judged as constitutional. Once her opinion is issued there is still the possibility that the enforcement of her order will be "stayed pending an appeal." This type of stay can be issued by Judge Bumb herself or can result from a motion by either the plaintiffs or defendants depending on the outcome of the case. The stay returns the enforcement of the law to the state immediately preceding the final decision, i.e. status quo.

Appeals - Once Judge Bumb issues her final ruling, the case has completed its journey through the District Court, for now. The next phase is appeal to the US Third Circuit Court of Appeals. The Appeals Court can decide to hear the case or to deny the case at which point the District Court decision stands. If it takes the case, the Appeals Court can uphold the lower court's decision, reverse the lower court's decision or remand the case back to the lower court for retrial.

Once final outcomes at the appeals level are decided, the next possible phase would be a Petition for a Writ of Certiorari ("Cert") to the US Supreme Court by either plaintiffs or defendants depending on the outcome in the 3rd Circuit. The Supreme Court can either grant or deny the petition allowing the appeals Court ruling to stand. If Cert is granted SCOTUS can decide to either uphold the decision, reverse the decision or remand the case back to the Appeals Court. In rare instances that involve egregious and plainly unconstitutional laws or decision by the Appeals Court, SCOTUS can issue a Summary Decision (per curiam decision) reversing the lower court, e.g. Caetano v Massachusetts.

We are only now at the very beginning of the process and hopefully it progresses in a timely manner. There are many variables at work and the landscape changes daily as more gun laws are passed around the county and more decisions are made on their constitutionality. Buckle up, enjoy the ride and stay informed.

Written by Jack Pyle
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/13/2023 11:29:40 AM EDT
[#39]
"People do weird things under stress.

If you don't train for it you're not going to do it.

You don't rise to the occasion but fall to the level of your training. "
View Quote
Knife Attacks in NYC and France Have Something In Common

Link Posted: 6/15/2023 10:32:28 AM EDT
[#40]
AG Platkin Issues New Law Enforcement Directives to Monitor Effects of Increase in Firearm Carry Applications

link

Link Posted: 6/15/2023 12:34:55 PM EDT
[#41]
AG Platkin Issues New Law Enforcement Directives to Monitor Effects of Increase in Firearm Carry Applications

link

View Quote

No good will come of this
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 3:13:29 PM EDT
[#42]
they love spending all your money
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 3:53:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Whamo:

No good will come of this
View Quote

At the very least this directive tells me that NJ hasn't a clue how many permits to carry were issued before or after Bruen or even after the carry killer bill was signed into law.

continued:

nj.gov/oag
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 1:25:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Here's a post of interest on reddit:

NEW TRAINING JULY 1 | Applies to all PTC Holders | What you need to know.....
View Quote

NOTE: THE TRAINING CURRICULUM HAS NOT BEEN ANNOUNCED, AND UNTIL IT DOES, NO ONE KNOWS 100% WHAT NJSP WILL DO. We have multiple feelers out trying to get any intel on where the NJSP is going, but they only have 15 days to announce it so we will find out soon enough.
View Quote

link

Link Posted: 6/16/2023 2:24:27 PM EDT
[#45]

link

View Quote

Oh man, G4H and RTSP must be salivating.

Link Posted: 6/16/2023 2:40:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BSOG1] [#46]
training lol lol ..cha ching
ive done more training in my life for free. more then id ever learn from any gun range. so now its just pay up more.
this may get smoked before it even starts like the insurance.
Link Posted: 6/17/2023 10:54:09 AM EDT
[#47]
Pipe dream from the Press of Atlantic City?

New Jersey's gun-law fix for Supreme Court ruling is not the disaster it seems

Bumb's ruling suggests New Jersey's rushed gun bill didn't waste many resources. Attorney General Matt Platkin's expedited appeal of her order seeks the same result as New York's successful appeal of nearly identical preliminary injunctions against its near-identical provisions in its response to Bruen. If he gets them, the Democrats' approach will look pretty smart.
View Quote

Paywall removed
Link Posted: 6/18/2023 12:06:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Demeroma] [#48]
Gun For Hire Radio #630 new carry training is about to drop, the AG is tracking carry permit holders

This week on Gun For Hire Radio  new carry training is about to drop.

The AG is tracking carry permit holders (for our own good, lol) as the real criminals run amok.

Also, PTSD issues? Listen to this show BEFORE you apply!
View Quote

GFH #630
Link Posted: 6/18/2023 12:47:10 AM EDT
[#49]

link

View All Quotes

NEW TRAINING JULY 1 | Applies to all PTC Holders | What you need to know.....

NOTE: THE TRAINING CURRICULUM HAS NOT BEEN ANNOUNCED, AND UNTIL IT DOES, NO ONE KNOWS 100% WHAT NJSP WILL DO. We have multiple feelers out trying to get any intel on where the NJSP is going, but they only have 15 days to announce it so we will find out soon enough.

link

Reading the HQC1:
- Man, trying to take a J frame out to 25, DAO, one handed.
Woof.
- I see them talking about "de-cocking" a lot, wonder how that will effect SAO platforms.
Link Posted: 6/18/2023 9:05:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Demeroma] [#50]
Originally Posted By Geralt55:

Reading the HQC1:
- Man, trying to take a J frame out to 25, DAO, one handed.
Woof.
- I see them talking about "de-cocking" a lot, wonder how that will effect SAO platforms.
View Quote
According to Colandro's insider info the training will be similar to what GFH currently provides. Will his qual be sufficient or will we be required to take different classes such as $ use of force, $$ holster draw, $$$ basic pistol, $$$$ etc?  Guess we'll soon find out when the NJSP releases the new training requirements.

eta: SAO's should only be placed on safe and not de-cocked. I have a scar on my left thumb to prove it . Fortunately my 1911 was pointed down range when the command was given to de-cock. Like an idiot I followed the range instructions, the hammer slipped, fired a round and my thumb got bitten when the hammer got re-cocked. I bled like a stuck pig. That was many moons ago and the last time I followed instructions that were unsafe and made no sense.
Page / 48
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top