Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/7/2022 4:05:40 PM EDT
Anyone else going to the Appleseed this weekend?
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 11:33:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Just me?
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 11:43:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Heard nothing about it. Who is running it, and where?
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 1:34:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Newberry Appleseed Event

I am fairly sure they still have spots open.
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 3:54:48 PM EDT
[#4]
It was hot but not horrible on Saturday.  The range is in a valley in what used to be a granite quarry next to a creek.  It's actually shady and was a good 10 degrees cooler than the surrounding area.  I was seating like a whore in church, but made it through. My best score was a dissapointing 207 on Saturday.

Sunday it rained.  Then it rained.  Then it rained hard, then it stopped raining.  So we ended up in the shallow end of the swimming pool on Sunday.  I'm taking a snorkel next time.  Actually it wasn't that bad, but everything was wet and there was puddles on the shooting line.  

The first 2 AQT's were in the rain.  I shot a 223 and a 222.  Then after lunch I shot a 227, threw one away with a magazine issue, and a 232.  I cleared the Redcoats and got the shingle as well.  After lunch, I was chasing the 240 goal to get Distinguished with the scope and got fairly close at 232.  The one I threw away was on track to be over 230 as well.  Maybe next time.

Long story short, I've accomplished the goal and shot Rifleman.  I'm taking an AR for the event in October to try again.  If I get Rifleman again with the AR, I'm going to go hard after that Distinguished rocker.
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 4:04:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Also, I knocked a contact out of my right eye right before all the fun started on Sunday.  I swapped the one out of my left into my right to shoot.  Then of course I felt the missing contact in the corner of my right eye, so I pulled it out and got straightened out.

If you use contacts, it may be wise to take a spare pair with you.
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 10:39:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Also, I knocked a contact out of my right eye right before all the fun started on Sunday.  I swapped the one out of my left into my right to shoot.  Then of course I felt the missing contact in the corner of my right eye, so I pulled it out and got straightened out.

If you use contacts, it may be wise to take a spare pair with you.
View Quote

i did not go sunday, it monsooned in boiling springs and i cant get sick lol
you swapped the  10/22 for an ar sunday?  pretty sure i was nect to you saturday, thank you for helping me

Link Posted: 7/12/2022 6:50:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

i did not go sunday, it monsooned in boiling springs and i cant get sick lol
you swapped the  10/22 for an ar sunday?  pretty sure i was nect to you saturday, thank you for helping me

View Quote

Yes, that was me.  I did not shoot the AR this time.  I'll be using it next time.  Your spot on the line was in a low place, and Sunday you would have been in a puddle all day unless you moved over to my right side next to Tom.

Are you going to the October Appleseed?
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 10:59:21 PM EDT
[#8]
i would like to yes
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top