Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/29/2020 9:51:07 AM EDT
they are now only 'recommending' that we wear masks, not the 'required' it has been.  There are 6-7 lawsuits filed against GE, and it seems they've caved.

Now, I got this information from an 'PA Against Excessive Quarantine' FB group, but the poster (amongst other employees) received an internal memo about it this morning.

Take it how you like.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 10:59:52 AM EDT
[#1]
I've been in 2 different establishments in the past 2 weeks where I was the only customer at the time.  The employees weren't wearing masks at all in the first establishment, and didn't care what the customers thought about it.  I then removed mine.  The employees at the other establishment pulled up their masks when I walked in with mine on, but we quickly decided to all take them back off when I mentioned that I wasn't concerned about wearing a mask anymore if they weren't either.

Even Fuckface Wolf was on the TV news answering a question about enforcing mask policy inside businesses and said that the guidelines wouldn't be enforced.

Seems like the general consensus may soon become no masks required, but people are welcome to continue wearing them if they want due to whatever fear/concerns/beliefs.

I'm sure there will be arguments between those who want everyone still wearing masks and those who don't want to wear them anymore.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 5:29:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I've only intermittently been wearing a mask in my local Giant Eagle anyway. Got a friend who never wears one in the same store, they've never said anything.

Good to hear though, I don't think I'll be wearing one there anymore.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 11:54:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Went and got tires yesterday. None of the guys in the shop were wearing masks and the 6 or so people in the waiting room were not wearing them either.  I was pretty happy with that.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 12:27:48 PM EDT
[#4]
good
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 6:31:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Well Giant Eagle and Best Buy have lost my business forever.  Both were fucking assholes about his whole thing. They made their bed, they sided with Reichsfuhrer Wolf  and lost.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 8:35:09 PM EDT
[#6]
People seem like they're tired of the mask BS.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 9:55:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Who the hell shops?

we have been getting our groceries delivered by instacart.  I'm not dealing with any stores  rules.  
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 6:37:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Haven't encountered any of that, but I can say that my wife, who works in the pharmacy, is required, upon pain of termination, to wear a facemask AND a plastic face shield for 11-14 hours with no breaks (labor laws don't apply to "professionals").  Some busybody-bullies complained when one of the pharmacists in another store lifted the corner of their mask to insert a straw to drink so they wouldn't pass out from dehydration.  Management said to go to the back bays where the customers can't see you and sit on the floor to drink/eat.  A) the floors are filthy generally because everyone is too overworked to clean them, and b) you then get to handle that nasty KN-95 mask and faceshield and not be able to clean your hands prior to eat/drinking.  I told my wife to take an extended bathroom visit and eat something in the stall - she is lucky to get to the bathroom once or twice in an 11 hour shift, so she best make the most of it.

Link Posted: 6/4/2020 7:56:05 AM EDT
[#9]
I always believe in keeping my options open and wear a mask.

That way I'm ready if I see an opportunity to rob the place.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top