Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Posted: 3/10/2021 4:09:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/10/2021 4:10:26 PM EDT by bulump]
So, really pissed off here atm. Just received this letter stating that due to the life (or lack there of) of the gas pipeline, they will be ceasing to service to our home and 2 neighbors along our road.

I called them up and the guy, who is at the bottom of the ladder, stated that because it will cost $680k to replace the pipeline, they are going to cease service.

WTF?!?

Of course, they mentioned they would supplement our cost to retrofit electric/propane to an extent....

What avenues do I have?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 12:10:55 AM EDT
I read your other thread in GD. I wouldn't be happy, but it sounds like they are being reasonable. I would ask them to have all your NG appliances switched over to LP, including running all the lines, they buy you your own tank and keep it filled for the first year at NG prices. I'd be ok with that.
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 12:22:04 AM EDT
Not worth fighting, I would plan to switch fuel source to either heating oil or propane,.  I would go heating oil personally at I don't care for propane.  I'm in the hvac industry if you have any questions.  I have seen this happen to people before.
Top Top