Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/16/2018 5:44:01 AM EDT
I don't want to bother anyone with my problems. I know that you all have enough in your own lives to deal with. There's no guilt in in hitting the back button.

Most nights I can't sleep because my mind won't stop tormenting me for my past. During the day I think about the present and what little there is. And I can't see a future. I try not to think about the darker thoughts but they slip in. Often.

I don't ask for help. Nobody in my life cares, or is willing/able to help. It's... Complicated. Yet I see how simple it is. But what can I do. I don't even know why I'm posting this. I probably shouldn't. I learned the more I reach out the harder I'm turned away and the worse it gets. So I've closed off. I haven't talked to more than one person the past couple of months and that's part of the issue.

I don't know. Maybe I just need someone to hear me. Maybe I need an outside perspective. I know I need help, but all the help that I would need, the type of help.. It's unrealistic to expect that from anyone.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 10:50:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Where are you at? Are you .mil or a veteran?
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 3:59:32 PM EDT
[#2]
IM sent
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 6:07:40 PM EDT
[#3]
PM sent.

Ignore the location, I am in AK.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 6:38:40 PM EDT
[#4]
As a pastor, a big part of my job is listening to folks and being a "dead end" for information, giving them a chance to get stuff off their chest.  And sometimes I can point them to someone who can help them better than I can.  Shoot me a PM if you'd like to talk.  I'm just putting this out here in an open forum post so others know I'm available to listen.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 6:53:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 6:34:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I don't want to bother anyone with my problems. I know that you all have enough in your own lives to deal with. There's no guilt in in hitting the back button.

Most nights I can't sleep because my mind won't stop tormenting me for my past. During the day I think about the present and what little there is. And I can't see a future. I try not to think about the darker thoughts but they slip in. Often.

I don't ask for help. Nobody in my life cares, or is willing/able to help. It's... Complicated. Yet I see how simple it is. But what can I do. I don't even know why I'm posting this. I probably shouldn't. I learned the more I reach out the harder I'm turned away and the worse it gets. So I've closed off. I haven't talked to more than one person the past couple of months and that's part of the issue.

I don't know. Maybe I just need someone to hear me. Maybe I need an outside perspective. I know I need help, but all the help that I would need, the type of help.. It's unrealistic to expect that from anyone.
View Quote
No bother at all.

You .mil, now or formerly?  If so, I have contacts that can, and will help. No BS, just help.

IM me if you'd like, and I'll pass on the contact info.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 8:39:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Southeast here. I can get any time off and fly all over the area... Meet for lunch or whatever. I'm available just respond.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 11:27:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Hit one of us up OP..or all of us..we can help...
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 5:42:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Hey man, PM me your number and we can text or hang out.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 1:06:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hey man, PM me your number and we can text or hang out.
View Quote
Likewise. I'm out of the state most of the time for work but my phone always works.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top