Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Posted: 6/13/2019 9:13:14 PM EDT
Any negatives vs a regular realtor?
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 1:13:55 PM EDT
[#1]
We bought thru homie. I would recommend it.

Tbh I struggle to find a purpose for realtors anymore.
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 1:43:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Our neighbors used Homie.  The exact same model house in the next block used a conventional real estate agency. The conventional realtor (Keller Williams) home sold in 8 days for the asking price.  The Homie house sold in 20 days for $2500 less than the asking price.  YMMV.
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 2:01:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Our neighbors used Homie.  The exact same model house in the next block used a conventional real estate agency. The conventional realtor (Keller Williams) home sold in 8 days for the asking price.  The Homie house sold in 20 days for $2500 less than the asking price.  YMMV.
View Quote
You don't lose 6% on either end for the sale of a Homie house, so it was probably a bargaining tool.
Link Posted: 6/15/2019 1:08:52 AM EDT
[#4]
I have sold 3 houses that I have owned myself and pocketed the commissions.  That was before homie but I paid the $100 and had it listed on the MLS.

The things that I have learned is to put away anything that is personal, the walls and carpet should be neutral colors. and the place should be clean and odor free.  Make it feel like a home that the seller would want to make their own.
Link Posted: 6/15/2019 2:01:10 AM EDT
[#5]
We've been working for the last month or so getting the house ready.  I think i can do OK at staging the place.  A bunch of stuff is going into storage before it's listed.  Lots of cleaning, some paint, etc..

It amazes me how some people when they are selling leave a bunch of crap out.  Even for the pictures online they couldn't straighten the place up.
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 2:25:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
We've been working for the last month or so getting the house ready.  I think i can do OK at staging the place.  A bunch of stuff is going into storage before it's listed.  Lots of cleaning, some paint, etc..

It amazes me how some people when they are selling leave a bunch of crap out.  Even for the pictures online they couldn't straighten the place up.
View Quote
I'm thinking of using Homie as well. Seems pretty straight forward and in this market the house should sale within a couple of weeks if it's priced fairly. I'm contemplating going back to TX and thinking of listing with them here in a couple of days.

We're are you moving too?
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 7:16:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I'd like to say I'm moving onto 40 acres and a cabin up in Idaho, but it will probably be within several miles of where we are right now.  My wife just hates the neighborhood and my youngest wants to go to the new junior high with all of her friends.  We've considered a small place here and perhaps a get away cabin somewhere else.

The listing should be active by the end of the week.
Link Posted: 6/18/2019 11:10:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
We bought thru homie. I would recommend it.

View Quote
All those bored, middle aged women will need to find something else to do.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 9:53:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
There is absolutely no justification for using a realtor. Wife and I have sold a home and a condo and purchased two homes all by posting on KSL.com, Zillow, and Facebook. All the paperwork is standard and can be downloaded for free online; even if you paid an attorney $200/hr to review the papers, you can save a small fortune not using a realtor.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top