Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2021 1:21:34 PM EDT
My local range, East Texas Rifle and Pistol Club is hosting a defensive carbine class on April 10 with Palisades and I was wondering if anyone has any experience with them?
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 3:01:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I know the people involved with PTG.  They are good people who have been teaching quality classes for several years.  I have not taken a class for them, but that being said, I'd still recommend them
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 8:06:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 12:20:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Never heard of them.

OP I am local to etrpc. Can you send me some info?
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 12:18:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Never heard of them.

OP I am local to etrpc. Can you send me some info?
View Quote

https://www.facebook.com/events/213064797210240

https://www.ptgtrainingllc.com/classes.html

https://www.ptgtrainingllc.com/store/p58/Defensive_Carbine_Skills.html

According to a post on ETRPC facebook it's going to be a low round count class because of the ammo shortage. Sounds like a pretty basic class but I'll be there.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 6:58:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Im just down the road from there, are they still accepting memberships? It used to be done by some guys at a gunshop in Longview by the old kmart. Is that still the place to go? Been awhile, so i guess i got to go to the safety class again.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 10:43:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Im just down the road from there, are they still accepting memberships? It used to be done by some guys at a gunshop in Longview by the old kmart. Is that still the place to go? Been awhile, so i guess i got to go to the safety class again.
View Quote

Yeah still open for new members. Other than private land it's the best place to shoot that I know of.

Link Posted: 3/8/2021 11:49:33 PM EDT
[#7]
@silverlightning

im interested, wondering if i have to be a member or if i can knock this class out and then rejoin later. Its a nice range, so its worth it, more concerned with timing of it. Im assuming you bring own ammo or is that provided with class with the admission? Have any idea what the proper attire is? Is this part classroom stuff or is this more of a field type training?
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 2:07:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Pretty sure they threw together a fun match a few years back in some old rock quarry. Was a good time. Talking to the guy who was there running it, he seemed to be competent. I would take one of their classes if I could afford the ammo. lol.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 7:10:04 PM EDT
[#9]
I "may" have found a box of 200 for .60per round at Academy. Just happened to be there at the right time. Winchester white box, .223.
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 3:15:59 AM EDT
[#10]
I have trained with several of them individually and a group.  They are very good and everything they teach as well as the way they teach is very well thought out.
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 8:12:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
@silverlightning

im interested, wondering if i have to be a member or if i can knock this class out and then rejoin later. Its a nice range, so its worth it, more concerned with timing of it. Im assuming you bring own ammo or is that provided with class with the admission? Have any idea what the proper attire is? Is this part classroom stuff or is this more of a field type training?
View Quote

Don't have to be a member (for any classes or matches held at the range).

From what I understand you just need 120 rounds, magazines, and either a belt mag pouch or two or a chest rig. Not sure about if part classroom.

I'm hoping they send out an email with more info later.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top