Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/18/2018 6:59:51 PM EDT
Got a shop I need to move, plus a whole ton (eh...multiple tons) of other crap. Reloading stuff, machine tools, ammo, brass, tools, chests, shop crap etc etc. Plus a little surplus military UTV, motorbikes and on and on.

I'm planning on buying a 40' conex, load it on site, then have it trucked or shipped up to Seattle area, then barged up here and drop off the whole shebang on a gravel pad I'll scrape out, close to Wasilla.

Anyone done a shipping project like this lately? Any tips? Pro/con, etc, all good.  Shipping date is summer 2019.
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 12:12:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I shipped a vehicle, not a conex; however I had a great experience with TOTE Maritime Alaska.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 10:31:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I have always had good results with American Fast Freight.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 11:28:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Some barge companies only limited you to a certain amount of gun powder and primers. Some will Only let 12 lb of black powder on the whole barge. The best thing to do is call them ahead of time.

http://www.lynden.com/aml/
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 11:35:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 8:01:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, I see that I'll probably have to ship the ammo separately. Oh well, way it goes.

I'll still fill the container with plenty of other crap.
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 12:41:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I’ve never shipped anything close to that large.  When I have shipped larger items I have used Alaska Traffic Freight Expeditors.  I have things shipped to them in Tacoma and they call me when it arrives in anchorage.

I didn’t do a lot of research so there may be better options.
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 12:47:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks, I'll holler at them too and see if they have any potential.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top