Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2022 11:59:23 AM EDT
Was given his name by my local FFL, neighbor, and friend.
Thought I'd ask here before I went any further.

Looking to set up a Trust that includes my wife, my daughter, and her husband.
That way they would already own all my junk, they live on Long Island, 15 minutes from LRB.

Anyone done a Family Trust like this?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 12:26:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I did a trust with him a few years ago. It is just my wife and I on it but, there will not be any issues having your daughter and son in law.

Since I am not near him, we set up a phone call and he asked me questions that I answered. Based on that, he setup the trust and emailed it to me in PDF format. All I had to do was notarize the appropriate pages and I was good to go.

There have been some changes to the NFA, most notability 41F, and he has adjusted my trust accordingly. When I had my trust set up John was doing a Schedule A that listed the individual NFA items so I would contact him with the info on the new NFA items I had acquired and he would update the schedule for me. He has since gone to a Schedule A statement page were it basically says anything with a stamp is in the trust so there is no need to keep updating it. John also had a phone call with me around 8pm one night and walked me through submitting my eForm 1, this was shortly after setting the trust up.

Overall I have been very happy with his services, support and turn around times.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 1:02:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I did a trust with him a few years ago. It is just my wife and I on it but, there will not be any issues having your daughter and son in law.

Since I am not near him, we set up a phone call and he asked me questions that I answered. Based on that, he setup the trust and emailed it to me in PDF format. All I had to do was notarize the appropriate pages and I was good to go.

There have been some changes to the NFA, most notability 41F, and he has adjusted my trust accordingly. When I had my trust set up John was doing a Schedule A that listed the individual NFA items so I would contact him with the info on the new NFA items I had acquired and he would update the schedule for me. He has since gone to a Schedule A statement page were it basically says anything with a stamp is in the trust so there is no need to keep updating it. John also had a phone call with me around 8pm one night and walked me through submitting my eForm 1, this was shortly after setting the trust up.

Overall I have been very happy with his services, support and turn around times.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

What does a Trust cost now?
I recall back, maybe 10 yrs or so, they were like 1,000.00 +
My buddy says now, a couple of hundred?
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 1:47:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

What does a Trust cost now?
I recall back, maybe 10 yrs or so, they were like 1,000.00 +
My buddy says now, a couple of hundred?
View Quote

John is very affordable. He charges a flat $100 which includes future support and changes.

Here is the link to his NFA Trust page. You should be able to get most questions answered there. If you still have questions, let me know.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 2:13:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

John is very affordable. He charges a flat $100 which includes future support and changes.

Here is the link to his NFA Trust page. You should be able to get most questions answered there. If you still have questions, let me know.
View Quote

Wow, this is great!
Thanks for the help!
Come and shoot with me someday!
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 3:25:39 PM EDT
[#5]
He is definitely GTG.

Quick, easy, and very responsive.

Mine was $100 about 3 years ago.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 3:27:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 4:13:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I used him too. G2G.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 7:18:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Used him for mine. Quick, easy, and forever support. He’s responsive to questions at all times of day and his site covers a lot of the general questions that come up. I’d highly recommend him over rolling your own.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 8:53:37 PM EDT
[#9]
pretty much yes to what everyone has said above

Link Posted: 5/1/2022 9:07:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Since you don't say what you want to have on your trust - be aware that N.Y. prohibits suppressors, machine guns, "assault weapons", and I believe SBR's & SBS's.

They can be on your trust, but they can't have them in N.Y.

And yes - I used John and recommend him highly!
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 10:08:54 AM EDT
[#11]
What happens when you die and your beneficiaries can't take possession of the item?  Who takes custody of it while it's all being sorted out?

Definitely talk to John.  He'll get you squared away.
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 11:11:53 AM EDT
[#12]
He did mine.  No issues with AFT
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 11:17:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Since you don't say what you want to have on your trust - be aware that N.Y. prohibits suppressors, machine guns, "assault weapons", and I believe SBR's & SBS's.

They can be on your trust, but they can't have them in N.Y.

And yes - I used John and recommend him highly!
View Quote

I realize that, am working right now on how to have everything NY Compliant.
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 8:42:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Have heard nothing but good things about John.  Very nice guy.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 2:05:55 PM EDT
[#15]
I've never hired him as a client, but I've had extensive legal conversations with him on a professional basis and always been very impressed.

Very nice guy, very professional.
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 12:57:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 4:17:53 PM EDT
[#17]
I left Roanoke on my way to Lynchburg. I called John and had my trust on the way before I got to Montvale.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 6:08:48 AM EDT
[#18]
+1 on John pierce. Helped me with a silencer snafu, still ongoing but got me a upin#
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 9:58:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I left Roanoke on my way to Lynchburg. I called John and had my trust on the way before I got to Montvale.
View Quote

Wow. That's impressive!
Link Posted: 8/21/2022 5:34:37 PM EDT
[#20]
He did mine and it was great.

Is he still in business?  He hasn't responded to me recently.
Link Posted: 8/21/2022 7:33:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Just received an email from him Friday.

Added another stamp to my trust.

Responded in a couple hours.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top