Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2018 9:56:13 PM EDT
Can't seem to find anyone in the Logan/Lancaster/Athens area.  I'm looking for primers & powder anywhere in the Hocking/Meigs/Athens/Washington counties, without having to drive to the Cabelas in Columbus or Charleston.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 8:26:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 12:42:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Bridgeport Equipment in Marietta
Henderson Wilds across the river in Williamstown,  WV
Carls Pawn Shop in Parkersburg, WV
Walmarts
Dawson Enterprises if you're in Massillon

I'm sure i'm missing a few.
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 2:01:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If you have to go north of Columbus to Cabelas, just keep driving another 30-35 minutes and go to Fin at exit 186.
View Quote
Also slow down to the speed limit a few miles before the almost constant speed trap at exit 186.
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 8:09:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Bridgeport Equipment in Marietta
Henderson Wilds across the river in Williamstown,  WV
Carls Pawn Shop in Parkersburg, WV
Walmarts
Dawson Enterprises if you're in Massillon

I'm sure i'm missing a few.
View Quote
I've tried Henderson Wilds.  They've got like three types of powders, two types of primers, none of which are the kind I need, and all of which are stupid overpriced.

And I've never seen a Walmart that carries primers and powder.
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 9:47:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Stopped by Bridgeport in Marietta this afternoon.  Holy CRAP they have a big selection of powders, and fairly reasonably priced.  I was surprised to see how big their firearms/shooting section was.

Primers were another story.  Only Winchester & Remington, they were selling them by the hundred only and their prices were pretty steep.

But, I got the powders I needed, so it was a pretty good trip.  Thanks for all the info, folks!
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 9:39:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Same boat, I had to give money to Vance’s on Alum Creek. $40/box for Winchester SPP. The Roundtown Wally World doesn’t sell components, but I’ve heard Logan might. I’ll have to check that out for myself.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 3:35:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 10:17:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Same boat, I had to give money to Vance's on Alum Creek. $40/box for Winchester SPP. The Roundtown Wally World doesn't sell components, but I've heard Logan might. I'll have to check that out for myself.
View Quote
If its the Walmart off of 33 in Logan, I don't think I have ever seen components there. Could be wrong though.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 12:14:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I don't remember the name of the store, but it's the Logan exit on 33 (stopped by when I went to Hocking Hills).

Small gun and fishing shop, had reloading stuff.  Near the BBQ place, if you're familiar.
View Quote
Downs Guns
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 6:07:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Check out 45 & All Gunshop. 740-667-0212. A bit out of the way, but he has a good selection of primers/powder. And his prices are competitive.
Cell 740-538-2255
He’s at 24240  Mountain Bell Road Coolville
He has odd hours,  so call first.

Also : CTW Ammo.  Calvin says he has the best selection of powders & primers in the area.  He is also a Dillon dealer.
740-749-3290. He’s at 2366 Fisher Ridge RD, Fleming OH.  Also a bit off the beaten path.
Cell 740-706-6224
Call before going to his shop.

@limaxray
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 8:10:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Awesome!  Fleming's a ways out of my way, but I drive 50 through Coolville every day.  Appreciate it!
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top