Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/23/2021 1:59:49 AM EDT
So been looking at the idea if getting half a side of beef and wanted to get some suggestions. I'm kind of in the middle of nowhere between Abilene and Odessa, north of San Angelo, South west of Lubbock.

I wanted to see if anyone had suggestions?
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 4:11:20 PM EDT
[#1]
There is an inexpensive slaughterhouse and butcher shop in Cross Plains that does a good job. I'd get a slot with them or another shop, and set to finding a steer to buy.

Link Posted: 9/24/2021 7:43:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Go ask a local rancher.
Link Posted: 9/24/2021 8:00:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 2:48:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Check our Cross M Beef. https://crossmbeef.com  We bought a 1/4 beef from Cody a few months ago. He woudnt tell me how he finished his cattle, but the quality was top notch.  Flavor was better than what you buy at a big grocery store, even the Sirloin was well marbled.  

I grew up farming and ranching.  We always had a deep freeze full, so I'm kinda picky about my beef.  I can absolutely recommend Cross M
Link Posted: 10/7/2021 11:10:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So been looking at the idea if getting half a side of beef and wanted to get some suggestions.
View Quote

I don't have any specific suggestions, all the butchers around me will sell a side of beef, but you say "half a cow" in your thread title, and "half a side" in your OP, so which is it?  A side of beef is half a cow.
Link Posted: 10/10/2021 8:38:56 AM EDT
[#6]
I own a ranch in Sweetwater, and lease grazing rights to a guy who runs cattle. I can ask him if you like.

I believe he sells at the auction house in Abilene, if I’m not mistaken.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top