Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/11/2021 1:35:24 PM EST
New Warrenton fella here. I shoot everything, but really like long range. Spend couple days a week at Bench Rest in WC. Couple days a week at Riefsnider. If anyone is interested in some shooting fun, lemme know.

/end of online pew pew sexy dating profile ad

Brad
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 2:24:30 PM EST
[#1]
I'm not in the area, but welcome to the board.

Link Posted: 7/11/2021 2:28:19 PM EST
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 67Firebird:
I'm not in the area, but welcome to the board.

https://i.postimg.cc/q7Y2dMk4/Cara_Delevigne_Acting_Crazy.gif
View Quote

Thank you sir.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 12:11:53 PM EST
[#3]
Shooting range at Reifsneider is only 100 yards, but it's one of the last "unimproved" and unsupervised ranges in the area.  I'd probably go there over Busch and certainly over Henges. Being supervised they are also frequently closed.

I'm not super close to Warrenton, but I'm through there on occasion. Sister in law is in Lake St. Louis so we are frequently in the area.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 1:07:22 PM EST
[#4]
Originally Posted By Giltweasel:
Shooting range at Reifsneider is only 100 yards, but it's one of the last "unimproved" and unsupervised ranges in the area.  I'd probably go there over Busch and certainly over Henges. Being supervised they are also frequently closed.

I'm not super close to Warrenton, but I'm through there on occasion. Sister in law is in Lake St. Louis so we are frequently in the area.
View Quote

Yeah Riefsnider is my pistol, and PCC go to. They've really cleaned up the range too. Used to be crap everywhere.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 3:00:32 PM EST
[#5]
I was just at Reif on Saturday.  It was kinda rough with lots of trees down from the storms.  I  work at a motorcycle shop in St. Charles and Reif is kinda on the way home.  Usually go after work on Thursdays or Saturdays.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 3:52:23 PM EST
[#6]
Originally Posted By 55_S2K_Shawn:
I was just at Reif on Saturday.  It was kinda rough with lots of trees down from the storms.  I  work at a motorcycle shop in St. Charles and Reif is kinda on the way home.  Usually go after work on Thursdays or Saturdays.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/265983/Screenshot_20210712-145450_Gallery_jpg-2011327.JPG
View Quote

HD or Big City? I spend a lot of time in HD side. Lol
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 9:30:15 AM EST
[#7]
I don't really care for going to Riefsnider since you have that steep hill and the creek crossing. I have seen a few people warp their brake rotors on that hill. Plus the range itself is in a hole. I haven't been there in about 20 years but it was always clean and I like how the ranges are actually correct.

I use the range at Wellsville Conservation area since it is only 3 miles from the house. The bad there is the target backs are not correct. They are 22, 52 and 83 yards.

I occasionally go to the range at Whetstone Conservation Area too. It is probably the same distance from me as Riefsnider is.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 11:34:05 AM EST
[#8]
Originally Posted By chumpmiester:
I don't really care for going to Riefsnider since you have that steep hill and the creek crossing. I have seen a few people warp their brake rotors on that hill. Plus the range itself is in a hole. I haven't been there in about 20 years but it was always clean and I like how the ranges are actually correct.

I use the range at Wellsville Conservation area since it is only 3 miles from the house. The bad there is the target backs are not correct. They are 22, 52 and 83 yards.

I occasionally go to the range at Whetstone Conservation Area too. It is probably the same distance from me as Riefsnider is.
View Quote

I love the Wellsville range. Actually still a reserve deputy for that county. But yes nice, quiet range, and I agree on the distances there, but still a good place to plink. Been going there since 2005ish.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 4:10:21 PM EST
[#9]
Wellsville is nice during the week. I don't normally go on the weekends. Too many ID10T's show up on Saturdays and Sundays for my liking. Most of the time I have the range to myself or just one or two others. I usually use my own target stand so I can set it up at a true 25 or 50 yards. Now the 83 yards will get you real close for a 100 yard zero with most rifles. I moved to Wellsville in 2007 but would go there the I lived in New Florence between 97-03.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 9:23:31 PM EST
[#10]
I'm in the Ballwin area, and while Benchrest is a nice range, and I had been looking into joining before long, after all the fuddery and other bs that has happened there over the past couple months, I'm out.

Reif is ok, I'm a member at Owensville gun club (565 yards) and am looking into joining Gadsden shortly (2x 1000 yards and many others)

Welcome
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 11:20:00 AM EST
[Last Edit: JIMBEAM] [#11]
Have you been to H&H yet?
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 12:41:59 PM EST
[#12]
Originally Posted By SemperMO:
...I'm a member at Owensville gun club (565 yards)...
View Quote

beltfedmgs took me there once. I liked it.

Link Posted: 7/26/2021 3:43:58 PM EST
[#13]
Owensville gun club is the best kept secret out there. Cost is great and range is great and adding allot of upgrades. only time I been disappointed is I drove down and they were having a grand match so I had to work on pistol only till the match was over. Wellsville is a good range not many people go, Wetstone in my thoughts is a little to busy at times and feels hotter in the summer due to the concrete.

there is a few of us close to you but not in Warrenton I would say 45 mins away.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 6:27:04 PM EST
[#14]
I recently joined the gun range up in Paris, Mo but haven't got to shoot on their range yet. It is about an hour north from me. I've been to Bench Rest a few times as a guest but joining doesn't interest me.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 7:25:29 PM EST
[#15]
where is the on in  Paris? does it have a website? i haven't heard of this one.
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 6:57:58 AM EST
[#16]
I don't know how long of a drive you're up for...but Barry, Illinois has a superb gun range called PASA. It has several run and gun ranges on it. A few dedicated .22LR ranges. A couple dedicated pistol plate ranges. It has two rifle ranges; one of them is a 100yd to 600yd range in 100 yard increments. The other is a 50 meter to 200 meter rifle range in 50 meter increments.
  They have a pistol league that shoots a couple Sundays a month and a rifle league that shoots a couple times a month. There is a calendar on their website so you know when and what ranges are being used. The range is shut down during deer season because of hunters on the property.
  The yearly fee is very reasonable and you have to have your application notarized. *You MUST be a member to shoot there.*...no problem with visiting and looking over the place just don't take a gun with you to go shooting until you're a member. There is a caretaker at the range almost every day and he/we are serious about non-members shooting there. No, he is not a range Nazi but we want to make sure, due to liability, that all shooters are members.
The county that Barry, IL. is in, was one of the first second amendment sanctuary counties in Illinois.

Link Posted: 7/27/2021 9:31:30 AM EST
[#17]
Originally Posted By rmdye:
where is the on in  Paris? does it have a website? i haven't heard of this one.
View Quote
I couldn't find them on Facebook and they don't have an actually website that I can find. It is called the Monroe County Gun Club

26658 Route PParis, MO 65275

(660) 327-5879

Link Posted: 8/5/2021 7:43:07 AM EST
[#18]
Originally Posted By SemperMO:
I'm in the Ballwin area, and while Benchrest is a nice range, and I had been looking into joining before long, after all the fuddery and other bs that has happened there over the past couple months, I'm out.

Reif is ok, I'm a member at Owensville gun club (565 yards) and am looking into joining Gadsden shortly (2x 1000 yards and many others)

Welcome
View Quote

@SemperMO

What fuddery and other bs are you talking about? I’m a member and saw some vague stuff mentioned in the last newsletter. PM me if u prefer.

Simper Fi.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 6:28:56 PM EST
[#19]
Originally Posted By IIIPatriotIII:
New Warrenton fella here. I shoot everything, but really like long range. Spend couple days a week at Bench Rest in WC. Couple days a week at Riefsnider. If anyone is interested in some shooting fun, lemme know.

/end of online pew pew sexy dating profile ad

Brad
View Quote

your post was copied and used by a known scammer on an HK forum going by the name "Smile"  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 6:30:31 PM EST
[#20]
Allegedly "Smile" scammed a HK forum member out of $5k
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 10:30:05 PM EST
[#21]
An error occurred on the server when processing the URL. Please contact the system administrator.

If you are the system administrator please click here to find out more about this error.