Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/11/2018 4:36:46 PM EDT
Found a nice place on 30 acres in Gamaliel near Mountain Home. Do you guys have insights to the area you can offer an Arizonan? Thanks gents.
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 7:31:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I assume you are looking at retirement home, correct?   That area does not have much in the way of job opportunities.

North Arkansas is a pretty area, but limited adult activities.  If you like to hunt and fish, good area, especially if you meet a local with land to hunt.  Fishing not a problem, lots of lakes near by.

If retiring here, we have a Sales tax on most things you buy, as well as income tax on most retirement income.
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 11:34:19 PM EDT
[#2]
We're good to retire now, but we're planning on doing a semi working retirement, homesteading, hunting /fishing, and enjoying life.
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 12:22:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We're good to retire now, but we're planning on doing a semi working retirement, homesteading, hunting /fishing, and enjoying life.
View Quote
You should be good for that.

Semi working retirement>>> Telecommute?   Hi speed connection might be spotty, in boonies.  Where you are looking will be boonies.
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 2:15:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I think you should be happy in Gamaliel. Have lived in Baxter county for about 22 years, never regretted moving here. How far down a dirt- gravel road is this property? Just remember in winter time it does snow once in a while,and the ever dreaded freezing rain. State roads can be bad ,county roads can be treacherous to non-drivable. But if you are retired,no problems.Good luck!
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 4:35:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the info gents. I'll be there for the day Sunday to see the property and the area. I'll let you guys know how it goes.
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 2:58:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I’m in Harrison, which isn’t that far. Let me know if I can help in any way.
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 8:13:15 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm in Flippin, FO away! You'll love it here. PM if I can help
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 8:14:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Hello again guys. Well, unfortunately, the property didn't appraise.

I offered to eat a little bit of it, but the sellers weren't willing to budge on the price.

I never realized this, but an appraiser only takes into account the first 5 acres of property. They don't value the rest.

Anyway, I loved the area there, but unfortunately this one slipped by.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 6:35:32 PM EDT
[#9]
nevermind
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top