Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2021 1:37:16 PM EDT
Just wondering what the best place to get 3D Printing filament locally, is?
I just got the Ender 5, and trying to get it set up properly. I only have the original spool that came with the 3D printer, but on the dedicated 3D printing section of ARFCom, the beginner's guide actually recommends disregarding the filament that came with the printer as it is of an unknown quality and unknown best settings for it.

Anyone know of any stores locally that sell 3D printing filament that is pretty decent? Probably looking to get PLA+.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 2:20:57 PM EDT
[#1]
duplicate
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 2:21:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Not sure it's pla+ but joann fabrics...call first. Some stores stock it normally, some do not. A few months ago they even had a sale on it.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 10:39:00 AM EDT
[#3]
In the Valley you can get filament from Amazon same or next day...

Fry's was the last place I saw it on the shelf..bummer they're gone...

Didnt know about Joannes...will have to check them out..
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 10:45:20 AM EDT
[#4]
+1 for Amazon. same day delivery
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 12:47:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In the Valley you can get filament from Amazon same or next day...

Fry's was the last place I saw it on the shelf..bummer they're gone...

Didnt know about Joannes...will have to check them out..
View Quote
Frys left a *HUGE* hole, that can't be easily filled by any other retailers in the valley.
It was a *GREAT* Electronics hobby store/computer parts store. The next best thing is probably Best Buy... and Best Buy sucks ass.

I'm praying that Microcenter realizes the opportunity and opens up a location here.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 2:25:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
+1 for Amazon. same day delivery
View Quote
Never works for me.
Whenever I see something "Same day delivery", it *NEVER* arrives the sameday. Even if I pay the extra $2.99 or whatever they charge, they *STILL* deliver it the next day (which it would have... allegedly, without... thus wasting $2.99)
I don't even live anywhere particularly rural. I live near downtown Peoria.

I may have purchased some things through Amazon Now, and that worked IIRC.

Additionally, I've seen many "Free one day shipping!" Offers, but as soon as I purchase it, it always bait and switches with the delivery speed.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 3:32:18 PM EDT
[#7]
I have an ender 3 and echo the Amazon route. (who cares if it takes 2 days? once you find a filament you like just keep a spare spool and order accordingly)

I have run several PLA+'s and so far Hatchbox and Esun have both given me good results. Esun black has been flawless but the blue was a little fickle on the heat settings. Hatchbox in 3 colors so far has been awesome too. I did try a silk pink for my daughter and haven't quite honed that one in yet. I tried overture PETG and shit show....could just be that it's PETG?

If your willing to spend more coin the polymaker and prusia products have some great reviews.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 5:00:22 PM EDT
[#8]
[b]Quoted:[/b

I'm praying that Microcenter realizes the opportunity and opens up a location here.
View Quote

I've been dreaming of the same thing when Fry's Bought out Ultimate Electronics.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 5:56:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have an ender 3 and echo the Amazon route. (who cares if it takes 2 days? once you find a filament you like just keep a spare spool and order accordingly)

I have run several PLA+'s and so far Hatchbox and Esun have both given me good results. Esun black has been flawless but the blue was a little fickle on the heat settings. Hatchbox in 3 colors so far has been awesome too. I did try a silk pink for my daughter and haven't quite honed that one in yet. I tried overture PETG and shit show....could just be that it's PETG?

If your willing to spend more coin the polymaker and prusia products have some great reviews.
View Quote
Do you have an Amazon Link? All I was able to find was this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015I1CYFE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&;psc=1

Is that PLA+?
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 3:46:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Think its just PLA....

Like a previous poster...Ive used Esun...

This shows delivery today for Prime...Im in Gilbert...

Esun Gray PLA+

Other colors are avail...just picked gray to match ur link...
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 10:33:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Did you try printing anything with the provided filament?  It's probably fine.  It might not be the highest quality but still perfectly usable.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top