Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/1/2021 10:45:45 AM EDT
My house previously had a "Window" unit AC in an addition. Previous owners must have taken it with them. That addition does not have Central Air Connection.
The piece of wall that had been cut out, was simply screwed in place, and shoddily spackled over.

I want to re-open that hole, and put a Window AC/Heater unit in there, so we can actually use the space.

So I want the hole to be "Framed" with like a sort of Window frame around it, and then have the AC permanently installed in there.
I'd do it myself, but am concerned there may be water damage due to the shoddy patch job (likely done by the Real estate company, as this was a HUD home foreclosure), and would feel more comfortable if a professional carpenter did it, just in case there is water damage that needs to be dealt with. . I suspect there is already a support beam already installed.

Anyone have any recommendations for someone who can do this for me for a decent price?
Link Posted: 11/1/2021 7:05:01 PM EDT
[#1]
What part of town are you in?

Link Posted: 11/4/2021 9:52:51 PM EDT
[#2]
@usmcmp
Sorry for the late reply. Forgot I created this thread.
Peoria AZ. Near 75th ave and Peoria Ave
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top