Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2021 10:52:11 AM EDT
THIS IS NOT FLBB AFFILIATED
CAMPING IS NOT REQUIRED

I was thinking of securing a campsite this Friday night at one of the swiftmud locations.  For those that have been on the FLBB hikes at the Hillsborough River you may remember Dead River Park.  It is out there behind a locked gate.  If I can secure a site there then we would have the place all to ourselves.  
The purpose of reserving the campsite is so that we can get a gate code to drive back the the facility.  Meet time TBD.  Spend a few hours walking and just testing our NODs.   I have used mine a few times and am now looking for someone to night walk with.  

If I cannot get Dead River Park then I will try for Green Swamp West
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:08:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I would be interested but unfortunately I don’t think my nods will be here from JRh yet
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:40:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I've done a bit of night hiking but always with a flashlight. I have a sionyx but it is not set up for this sort of thing. This sort of thing would be awesome but I won't be ready to do so until I finally spend the big bucks for a ANPVS14 (or whatever they are called).
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:50:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes!
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:15:27 AM EDT
[#4]
I will check on availability today.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:01:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd love to come up for that. Sadly, I have to work Saturday....  
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 8:46:55 PM EDT
[#6]
id love to come trip over shit with just a pvs14 for your entertainment
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 8:52:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I didn't notice the date, this Friday.  Cannot make it, still recovering from covid.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:55:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Im hopping to have my nv in the next couple of weeks maybe we can put another date on for a night hike ? Kinda short notice for a few here , but definitely should have some takers with more notice
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:31:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Yes this was a last minute idea.  Nothing organized at all to be honest.   I've gone out before on my own and had a good enough time.  I have brought my wife along, but sharing nods is no fun (or maybe I am selfish), and no funds to get her a set yet.  It is just frustrating to have this cool gear with no one to share it with .

Dead River is out for now.  There are plenty of other places within Swiftmud that are open though.  

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:40:47 PM EDT
[#10]
This wont be the last time I post something like this.  I feel like I have interest that no one else has.  Then I remember I have ARFCOM!  I will probably be posting about going off roading in the near future too.  Nothing organized.  But if your bored, happen to see the thread in time, and are sober enough to drive then come on out.  I like to wheel up in Citrus, Croom, Withlacoochee areas.  But I either have to join a club of 300 or go by myself.  And I have no desire to be truck 100 in a 200 truck convoy.  Especially when the lead truck has to keep stopping to video the route  I just want to go out and roll around.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 9:32:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would be interested but unfortunately I don’t think my nods will be here from JRh yet
View Quote

Same here.  Soon.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 7:33:51 PM EDT
[#12]
This all works out best.   I posted this before seeing MC's post about the hike.  I can't tell you how supportive MoarCoffee has been with our hikes, and he is hosting one tomorrow.  

I really would like to get together for some nighttime shenanigans.  When are you folks expecting to get yours in?  Now that hunting season is over the WMA's are our oysters for night hikes.  And swiftmud has awesome free camping areas we can use to stage from.

@toyotaman
@spartacus2002
@schornstinefager
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 7:38:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Hopefully in the next couple of weeks
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 8:21:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Dunno yet. I am experiencing the long-term fatigue/exhaustion aftereffect of covid, so it may be a few weeks before I can walk.  Just carrying a laundry basket from one end of the house to the other wipes me out.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 8:46:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Dunno yet. I am experiencing the long-term fatigue/exhaustion aftereffect of covid, so it may be a few weeks before I can walk.  Just carrying a laundry basket from one end of the house to the other wipes me out.
View Quote

I empathize with you. My Mom had it in November and still has effects from it.  She is much, much better now.  However there are still days she is fatigued and short of breath.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top