Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2023 11:51:41 PM EDT
Considering buying a home near Eufaula, rural about 15-20 min from the city.

What is the PD/Sheriff dept like? 2A friendly? I can't seem to find much info about the Eufaula PD chief or the county sheriff other than they exist...

any gun shops in the area that do NFA stuff?

Link Posted: 4/25/2023 9:17:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I think Chris Morris is still the sheriff and he’s always seemed 2A friendly. I went to college with him. My daughter lives over there and she likes it.
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 1:34:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think Chris Morris is still the sheriff and he's always seemed 2A friendly. I went to college with him. My daughter lives over there and she likes it.
View Quote
From what I can find and that's honestly very little solid info... Kevin Ledbetter is the Mcintosh county sheriff, he's listed as Democrat
I called the Mcintosh Sheriff's dept and confirmed the property I'm looking to buy is indeed county and well outside the Eufaula city limits.

with 17.5 acres as long as I'm mostly let be by the local LEO's I'm good I spoke with the current owner and my neighbors are good people according to her. She told me they hunt, fish the area and even shoot on their property so we should get along just fine! sadly, they were not at home when I was there for the home inspections so I could meet them...
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 2:22:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
From what I can find and that's honestly very little solid info... Kevin Ledbetter is the Mcintosh county sheriff, he's listed as Democrat
I called the Mcintosh Sheriff's dept and confirmed the property I'm looking to buy is indeed county and well outside the Eufaula city limits.

with 17.5 acres as long as I'm mostly let be by the local LEO's I'm good I spoke with the current owner and my neighbors are good people according to her. She told me they hunt, fish the area and even shoot on their property so we should get along just fine! sadly, they were not at home when I was there for the home inspections so I could meet them...
View Quote

Chris is Pittsburgh Co sheriff. I don't know Kevin. Good luck with your purchase.
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 12:14:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Tiger mountain road
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 7:10:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Tiger mountain road
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/28/2023 9:43:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tiger mountain road

Hang out Place of hickory nuts n tweakers
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 9:22:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tiger mountain road

I never quite gained hickory nuts status. There was a few girls from the Jones academy I would not roll around with.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 11:40:00 AM EDT
[#8]
There's always the chicks you know, and the chicks you knoooow'
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 8:28:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I never quite gained hickory nuts status. There was a few girls from the Jones academy I would not roll around with.
View Quote

Jones Academy, that's a name I haven't heard in a while.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 9:47:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

It used to be fun to do the cake walk with them girls at Tuskahoma. Mrs Hunter would enter two hickory nut pies and several pecan pies and it was something to win the hickory nut pies. Well my girlfriend and I won them one year. I ate one by myself while my uncle and girlfriend’s dad stared in amazement. Assholes made me run most of the way back to Honubi to run the sugar high off.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 12:40:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
Not sure what a "hickory nut" is in slang verbiage and probably don't want to know

Tweaker hang outs are not my thing so I'll just stay clear of Tiger MT...
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 9:53:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

It used to be fun to do the cake walk with them girls at Tuskahoma. Mrs Hunter would enter two hickory nut pies and several pecan pies and it was something to win the hickory nut pies. Well my girlfriend and I won them one year. I ate one by myself while my uncle and girlfriend’s dad stared in amazement. Assholes made me run most of the way back to Honubi to run the sugar high off.
View Quote

Been to Tuskahoma many times, love the tacos and fry bread. My father in law hunts down by Honubi. I went to school many years ago in Haileyville and lived in Hartshorn for a while so I know Jones Academy kids, they once set the football field on fire. Lol
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 10:38:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I think Chris Morris is still the sheriff and he’s always seemed 2A friendly. I went to college with him. My daughter lives over there and she likes it.
View Quote

Chris is PittCo.
known him our entire lives.

great guy
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 10:40:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

rough crowd
remember Jimmy Joe?
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 12:11:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Fuckmefunny seems we all have family or know peeps that spent a bit of incarceration in jones academy
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 12:16:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Not sure what a "hickory nut" is in slang verbiage and probably don't want to know

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hickory nut is hillbilly, redneck, cowboy white trash gypsy Karen n Kevin etc hahahaha
Fuckin hickory nuts
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 9:17:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

rough crowd
remember Jimmy Joe?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

rough crowd
remember Jimmy Joe?

No but I remember Joe Diego Russo the half breed Italian stallion. His grandfather was supposedly the mob boss for our area. I never ever seen a fat kid that could run as fast as him.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 8:29:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Fuckmefunny seems we all have family or know peeps that spent a bit of incarceration in jones academy
View Quote

when I worked at Wal Mart in McA in High School and College, the management would only allow buses from Jones Academy at scheduled times and would bring in Loss Prevention Officers from all over the District and have MPD and PittCo Sheriffs Deputies on stand by.

the shear amount of Shrinkage Loss from their visits was staggering.

I knew alot of people who worked out there in the 80's and 90's.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 9:07:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

when I worked at Wal Mart in McA in High School and College, the management would only allow buses from Jones Academy at scheduled times and would bring in Loss Prevention Officers from all over the District and have MPD and PittCo Sheriffs Deputies on stand by.

Link Posted: 5/3/2023 9:25:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

rough crowd
remember Jimmy Joe?
View Quote

Names familiar, but he'll I've been gone since 86.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 10:16:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Names familiar, but he'll I've been gone since 86.
View Quote

Jimmie Joe Ardese

mountain of a man. I think he worked at Jones Academy.
nice as could be. would not want to fight. for sure.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 12:07:05 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

We most likely know each other then. I worked there for twenty years, started in '86.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 10:57:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

We most likely know each other then. I worked there for twenty years, started in '86.
View Quote

I was there... 86-92 and we know each other.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 1:47:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Jimmie Joe Ardese

mountain of a man. I think he worked at Jones Academy.
nice as could be. would not want to fight. for sure.
View Quote

I know new a James ardese in McAlester.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 5:10:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I was there... 86-92 and we know each other.
View Quote

We had some good people working there in the beginning and it wasn't a bad place to work. It got worse as time went on and they couldn't make me go back there now. I hardly ever even go in there anymore.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 10:26:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I know new a James ardese in McAlester.
View Quote

Trey, Joleta's and Brett's dad?
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 10:44:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

We had some good people working there in the beginning and it wasn't a bad place to work. It got worse as time went on and they couldn't make me go back there now. I hardly ever even go in there anymore.
View Quote

Oh yeah.

that crew was damn good to work with. they made life bearable and a ton of laughs. crazy shit. I actually liked going to work in HS and College.
Alice always protected me from one of Gleese's "Projects". she'd know what was on Gleese's agenda for the day or night and meet me as soon as I came on shift to give me a "directions" for the shift. every time Gleese would come by to make me work for her, I'd say I'm doing this for Alice.

I bet I haven't been in a Wal Mart 25 times since 93.

Link Posted: 5/7/2023 6:05:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Trey, Joleta's and Brett's dad?
View Quote

I think so. I graduated with Trey.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 8:37:03 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I think so. I graduated with Trey.
View Quote

yeah.
we called him Jimmie Joe, his wife was Raylene.
good people.

Trey ended up a Colonel in the Marines as a Pilot from what I understand.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top