Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/24/2022 8:32:15 PM EDT
Hey guys.  This is kinda long, so hear me out.

My father collects license plates, and his last name is Clark. He has a plate from every Clark County except MO.

I guess in MO, your plates don't have county designation?  So, he feels as though to know it's an authentic "Clark County MO" plate, he needs to find someone living in the county who is able to authenticate the fact its actually from Clark County.

His birthday is coming up and I'd really like to help him out.

I would of course pay for any expenses and for your time. ANY help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 8:56:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Any of ya'll from up N/NW in a position to help ole' Duk here, he is a good dude for sure....

Myself, I never even heard of it till he mentioned it.  
I had to look it up, then still wasn't 100%.   I just know its over 4 hours from here, lookin at the googles.
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 9:54:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry to bum you out, but MO doesn't put the county's name on your plate.......they're all the same.
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 10:29:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 10:45:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Ive got probably 200-300 Mo license plates. I can fake something up real nice for ya if you want.
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 11:26:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think his "...who is able to authenticate the fact its actually from Clark County." means any kind of paperwork, to show it was issued to someone in that county.
View Quote

Exactly... Was hoping one of you guys lived in Clark County and could just write a quick note that said the plate was obtained at the Clark County DMV.

Or "I live close to Clark County and used nods while removing a plate from a vehicle parked in the city limits of Kahoka in the dead of night"

Link Posted: 7/24/2022 11:27:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Ive got probably 200-300 Mo license plates. I can fake something up real nice for ya if you want.
View Quote

LOL... Thanks for the offer. Much appreciated.  My dad would probably pay for a registration check and eventually find out it wasn't from Clark County.

It's crazy you guys don't use county designations.
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 11:28:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Sorry to bum you out, but MO doesn't put the county's name on your plate.......they're all the same.
View Quote

This the reason getting a plate we know came from Clark County has been rather difficult.
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 11:29:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Any of ya'll from up N/NW in a position to help ole' Duk here, he is a good dude for sure....

Myself, I never even heard of it till he mentioned it.  
I had to look it up, then still wasn't 100%.   I just know its over 4 hours from here, lookin at the googles.
View Quote

Road trip! Haha ??
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 12:27:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 7:15:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

This the reason getting a plate we know came from Clark County has been rather difficult.
View Quote

Plus, they're all Amish and Mennonite up in Clark County and don't drive cars* Maybe you could get him a reflective triangle instead . . . .

* Well, not ALL of them, but there are probably more horse-drawn carriages than most places in the state.
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 8:28:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I was thinking just the opposite. They're issued by the state, not the county, plus who wants to change plates when moving within their own state? That's creating extra work and expense, all the way around.
View Quote

That's what I was thinking as well.  Over in Kansas all it amounts to is some kind of status symbol having a JO on your plate.
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 10:42:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I was thinking just the opposite. They're issued by the state, not the county, plus who wants to change plates when moving within their own state? That's creating extra work and expense, all the way around.
View Quote

Yeah, sounds like a pain. I realized this weekend i need to transfer my CCW to my new address. I had to get my old county to transfer my documents to my new county and now i have to drive 20 miles to the sheriffs office to do the paperwork.
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 10:59:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

That makes a lot of sense.  We don't have to change plates if we move to a different county... Just get it changed in the DMV computer.

I don't know much about all the states and plates, but I think MO is definitely one of the few that don't have county specific plates.
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 11:27:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 11:35:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

So some percentage of them are always wrong, by design. That sounds even worse.

Not trying to go off topic; I hope someone can help you.
View Quote

Too bad your Firebird is 1 year off, I could send you an old plate from my camaro, but it says "1968 SS"
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 11:56:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

That's what I was thinking as well.  Over in Kansas all it amounts to is some kind of status symbol having a JO on your plate.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

WY- might try to rob you, stay clear
JO - Dangerous driver, stay clear
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 12:11:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 6:28:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Nice thought, but definitely doesn't match.

The only license plates that I've saved were a couple personalized ones;

https://i.postimg.cc/pdt7dKCK/Go-NRA.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/DzdN4mpH/Gun-Nut.jpg
View Quote

Very nice!
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 11:14:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

WY- might try to rob you, stay clear
JO - Dangerous driver, stay clear
View Quote

Haha, I almost said something about those from the 'dotte.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top