Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Enjoy the colors.

The next one is white!
View Quote

For months and months and months....  
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 9:46:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Get ready for this.  Mohawk, MI. North of Houghton.
Spent much of December last year. January, February and March this year there. Pictures Dec 2019.
Already had 10 feet of snow when I arrived on Dec 10.  We spent much of our time moving snow so we could just get around the dog yard.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I'm ready to go back. Was running 6 to 14 dogs most days.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 11:53:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey OP, how ya doing up there?  It’s been about 4 months so you’re probably pretty much settled in by now.  I have a kid at Tech, well he’s home now thanks to the  Witch, and he said there hadn’t been any snow to speak of before he left a few weeks ago, I’m sure it’ll come.   TBH, I’m kind of jealous, I love it up there and would love to move from mid Mich to the UP, but I’m not sure I want to deal with all the snow.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 11:11:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Somehow totally missed this thread. Look into the Portage Lake Sportsmans Club to answer your original question.
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 9:11:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Grew up in Chassell.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 7:25:08 PM EDT
[#8]
MidMichHunter- Settled in fine, thanks. What snow has fallen has been fine so far, from what I understand it's been an easy winter so far. I spend a good bit of my time outside at work without a jacket but then again I'm in and out of buildings occasionally. Got the most snow I've seen up here so far last night and spent a couple hours in the Loader bushing it out back. I love it up here so far.

I'm sure more is coming, it'll be fine. :)
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 7:25:47 PM EDT
[#9]
RedFox1911- I signed up right after I got here, cool place and nice staff.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 7:31:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Grew up in Chassell.
View Quote

It's a beautiful town.

I've been out exploring up the the northernmost tip out on the logging roads and along the West coast back down to Houghton. Did some exploring on the East side up from Houghton as far as Gay and I still need to go further up that side. Really beautiful all around. I have been as far East as L'anse and enjoyed the drive out.

Link Posted: 12/14/2020 7:44:33 PM EDT
[#11]
I did buy some of the guns I've been wanting and couldn't have in CA which is nice.
Picked up a Glock 44 and 45 from Woodland Firearms in Baraga and a Keltec CP33 and a Finn 91/30 from Northwoods in Hancock. Cool folks all around.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 7:48:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for sharing your vid, that's pretty rad!

Quoted:
Get ready for this.  Mohawk, MI. North of Houghton.
Spent much of December last year. January, February and March this year there. Pictures Dec 2019.
Already had 10 feet of snow when I arrived on Dec 10.  We spent much of our time moving snow so we could just get around the dog yard.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/64775/DSCN0135_jpg-1709602.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/64775/Mohawk6-00-01-22-038_jpg-1709603.JPG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugXC4_D79y8

I'm ready to go back. Was running 6 to 14 dogs most days.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/29/2020 3:30:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 5:05:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Hope you hit the Hilltop Restaurant in L'anse for their big cinnamon roll.  If not, have to do so on the next trip.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 7:59:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Thanks for sharing your vid, that's pretty rad!

View Quote
There is more than enough snow in Mokawk this week.  Has been low snowfall till the last few weeks. Now it is a struggle to just keep the trails open enough to get teams through.

Link Posted: 2/11/2021 6:28:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
There is more than enough snow in Mokawk this week.  Has been low snowfall till the last few weeks. Now it is a struggle to just keep the trails open enough to get teams through.

View Quote

I looked at a house in Mohawk last November when it was 80,
It looked better in pictures, did not like what was not pictured.

My parents were from that area, I always liked it and am thinking about retiring and moving to that area.
So what if it snows.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 6:40:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I looked at a house in Mohawk last November when it was 80,
It looked better in pictures, did not like what was not pictured.

My parents were from that area, I always liked it and am thinking about retiring and moving to that area.
So what if it snows.
View Quote
I have sled dog friends who live just off Mohawk-Gay road.   I go up and run from their place.  We have trails down the powerline east of Mohawk. Also run many seasonal and logging roads.  They had 5 feet of snow in the last week.  So far this winter had been pretty low in snow. I was running my dogs in northwest Wisconsin this winter.since they didn't have enough snow for good running.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top