Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/31/2020 2:26:31 AM EDT
I usually just stick to the Equipment Exchange, but had to post in here this time. As the title states, has anyone had any past dealings with this (former) Snohomish County resident, Hany Veletanlic?

ICE HSI investigation into Snohomish County man for illegally sending firearms overseas and illegally possessing silencers and a handgun, results in 7+years prison sentence

I met him about 15 years back when he lived here in Olympia and was involved with our local Volkswagen car group. He moved up towards Seattle not long after and I only heard from him sporadically, and not in quite a few years as of now. Saw him at gun shows and some of the surplus stores sometimes, etc. I know he was into wing-suiting/sky-diving as well, and would travel between Snohomish and Shelton for that. I learned of this recent criminal conviction information just this week from a coworker who is interested in such things. I first learned of this about 10 months ago with the initi information, but didn't follow up on it at that time (right around when my daughter was born, had other things on my mind!). Crazy...there have had to have been others who've dealt with him in the past? Just posting out of curiosity, looks like he's in for the long haul now.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 12:02:21 PM EDT
[#1]
That dirty little cunt sold me some knockoff chinese garbage he had listed as an alg 6sm. Fuck that guy, hope he gets what he deserves

ETA, just read the article, haha fucker! Dont drop the soap!
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 4:25:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Was he a member on here, or just on Armslist or something? As I said, I haven't heard from him in years and first learned of this serious offense within the last 10 months or so...have been busy with my new daughter and only read about it again because it made the news on KOMO. I just remember that he was always "hustling"...selling used car parts back in the day, etc (that's how I first met him)...but I don't believe he had a legitimate job, ever. I couldn't believe it when I first learned of the case against him!
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 4:33:11 PM EDT
[#3]
It was an Armslist deal
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 2:32:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Guy sounds like a dirtbag.  But it seems society would have been safer to have locked up the McD shooter thugs for 7 plus years than this guy......

But our law enforcement and punishment policies are so fucked up, it's no surprise that actual, violent criminals are seen as less of a threat than a guy like this.

Maybe we should go back to using the federal courts and prosecutors to get around King County's desire to plea bargain everything down to nothing in order to prevent 3 Strikes from being applied....
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 5:00:25 AM EDT
[#5]
I recognize the name, either from WAC or SeattleGuns.net , either way its been a long time since Ive heard his name
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 2:02:38 PM EDT
[#6]
No sir officer I've never dealt with the man.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top