Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2021 3:58:34 PM EDT
I live in a little town south of Fort Worth and need an SOT to send a suppressor to while I wait for the NFA. Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 4:14:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Im sure there are plenty around there.  I dont live there and cant recommend anyone.  

Personally, I’ve always just used Silencer Shop or Capitol Armory.  Just gotta drive 4 hours to get to em...
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 4:58:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I appreciate it. I called several places, one answered, Alpine Range. They were very helpful. $100 seems a little steep for a transfer but considering how long the thing will sit in their safe it makes sense to pay rent, I can also shoot it at their range while I wait for the stamp.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:49:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Lone Star Armory
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 6:35:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Find a dealer that is linked up with silencer shop.  Even if you didn’t purchase it from silencer shop they can use their backend service.  This will allow them to send your prints, trust and automate signatures on your form all via your pc assuming they have your prints.

All used NFA items I do now I have sent to Texas Gun Experience because of this.  They call and let me know my items are in and I pay the tax to SilencerShop on the SS website.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 7:04:15 PM EDT
[#5]
DFW Shooting Sports
Defender Outdoors

Neither is in your AO, but recommend both.

One piece of advice that applies even more today. Be choosy about your dealer you use for silencers so you don’t end up with them going out of business during your wait forever the stamp. We’ve all seen the threads about what can or can’t be done to get them from small dealers who have folded.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:18:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the tips. I visited Texas Gun Experience this past weekend. Nice store. Definitely seems like they are not going anywhere.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:45:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Ive used K5 Arms in trophy club and liked them.

NMG
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:59:14 AM EDT
[#8]
TX Arms

Person friend and co-worker, solid dude.

https://txarms.com/
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 12:45:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Lone Star Armory for my last 6, I drive from Dallas to see them, great crew of guys.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 1:07:16 PM EDT
[#10]
PSD
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top