Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/29/2020 7:34:34 PM EDT
Would like to join an outdoor range near Ft. Myers and be able to shoot steel and not be so crowded. I go to Webb once in a while but its just no fun for me at least to shoot paper slow fire . Looks like Tradecraft is a pretty nice set up just seems like a lot of money and there only open Thursday thru Sunday.
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 7:10:55 AM EDT
[#1]
I've shot there once with a member and plan on getting my own membership. It is a little expensive but you get a lot of freedom and don't have to deal with the idiots at Webb.
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 11:53:36 AM EDT
[#2]
I’ve been a member there since opening. Being a veteran I pay 40 bucks a month and I feel that is cheap for the freedom you get there when it comes to shooting.
Lots of steel and you can run and gun all you want just stay inside your shooting bay . Pistol bays are 25 yards . Rifle is 100 to 600 yards .
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 7:44:40 PM EDT
[#3]
$120/ month for access to their long range? Pffft.

im not tier 1 enough for that price. Can't see visiting that range more than once a month. Kinda silly you can't just pay for a day.
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 7:48:14 PM EDT
[#4]
tag for info
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 10:53:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Have been going since it was the original Altair for classes and to teach. They’ve gone belly up a few times and I believe members were burned on memberships not being honored by new management / ownership. Long range is nice though with elevated positions and steel targets, shoot house is also nice just not sure if open to members.
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 9:12:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Sounds interesting, but cost prohibitive in my case.
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 11:07:05 AM EDT
[#7]
This place looks nice. I see they allow machine guns with prior approval. I wish there was a place like this closer to the Sarasota/Bradenton area.
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 8:30:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This place looks nice. I see they allow machine guns with prior approval. I wish there was a place like this closer to the Sarasota/Bradenton area.
View Quote
Id like to know what that means, “prior approval”?  I live very close to this range but have never shot there.
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 9:41:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Id like to know what that means, “prior approval”?  I live very close to this range but have never shot there.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I spoke with a Manager (one of the Owners, I believe) and my understanding is they just want you to affirm that you are NOT bringing anything illegal onto their property (i.e; an UNregistered machinegun) and that you can keep your rounds from leaving the action bays. I've got to admit, I have seen more than one first time MG owner with a MAC 10 or 11 lose muzzle control their first time shooting it.

I am building a home in Naples off Immokalee Rd. (found a rare piece of 100% Uplands determination with an "X"-FIRM rating). I am hoping to make Tradecraft my goto range. The membership is a bit steep but the facility looks like it may be worth it. I called and was able to get a tour of the place. Nice now and it looks like they have even better plans for the future.

If there is anything comparable nearby, please let me know.
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 2:27:19 PM EDT
[#10]
IF you haven't heard, it's changing ownership once again.  Not sure how that will affect membership.
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 10:43:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
IF you haven't heard, it's changing ownership once again.  Not sure how that will affect membership.
View Quote
That makes it like 4th time in 2 years
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 8:02:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
Dang!

What is the issue with the property?

Honestly, I could be up for a group purchase if there were serious interest. It's a BIG piece of real estate, a hundred ARFCOMMERS could chip in, form an LLC and buy it outright (without a note). I actually have some ideas to repurpose the old prison cells.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 4:17:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Not worth it to me $120 a month + $50 for a guest.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 8:24:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I spoke with a Manager (one of the Owners, I believe) and my understanding is they just want you to affirm that you are NOT bringing anything illegal onto their property (i.e; an UNregistered machinegun) and that you can keep your rounds from leaving the action bays. I've got to admit, I have seen more than one first time MG owner with a MAC 10 or 11 lose muzzle control their first time shooting it.

I am building a home in Naples off Immokalee Rd. (found a rare piece of 100% Uplands determination with an "X"-FIRM rating). I am hoping to make Tradecraft my goto range. The membership is a bit steep but the facility looks like it may be worth it. I called and was able to get a tour of the place. Nice now and it looks like they have even better plans for the future.

If there is anything comparable nearby, please let me know.  
View Quote
We’re practically neighbors.  Anyway, nothing else comparable locally, Alamo kinda sucks, way over priced memberships and unless you plop 5-7k down for a “presidential membership” you will have no access to an indoor rifle range locally.  There is Naples gun emporium or whatever it’s called, they only allow frangible ammo, really quirky.  You have Louland to the south, they do some competition shoots, but it’s a longer drive from North Naples.  There is the public range near Punta Gorda, Markham Park in Broward (mother public range) just on the other side of alligator alley, shoot straight in Fort Myers and Shoot Center In Cape Coral.  Shoot Center is actually a good indoor range and gun shop, I really wish they were closer.  Shoot straight memberships are dirt cheap and their ranges and stores are all over Florida.

Do you live in the area now or will you be moving down once the home is built?  Immokalee road traffic sucks during rush hour in season and it is only going to get worse with every year that passes.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 8:26:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Not worth it to me $120 a month + $50 for a guest.
View Quote
It’s $50.00 a month for handgun / carbine . $40.00 for vets .
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 8:55:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Went past Naples Gun Emporium today. It was shut down.
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 9:38:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

We’re practically neighbors.  Anyway, nothing else comparable locally, Alamo kinda sucks, way over priced memberships and unless you plop 5-7k down for a “presidential membership” you will have no access to an indoor rifle range locally.  There is Naples gun emporium or whatever it’s called, they only allow frangible ammo, really quirky.  You have Louland to the south, they do some competition shoots, but it’s a longer drive from North Naples.  There is the public range near Punta Gorda, Markham Park in Broward (mother public range) just on the other side of alligator alley, shoot straight in Fort Myers and Shoot Center In Cape Coral.  Shoot Center is actually a good indoor range and gun shop, I really wish they were closer.  Shoot straight memberships are dirt cheap and their ranges and stores are all over Florida.

Do you live in the area now or will you be moving down once the home is built?  Immokalee road traffic sucks during rush hour in season and it is only going to get worse with every year that passes.
View Quote
We are living in the D.C. area currently. I've got 42 months until retirement. Wife is semi-retired and wants to start setting up our Naples household so we can toggle back and forth. We are both from Florida. I grew up in a little town just north of Orlando and my Wife is from Ormond Bch., my Mom lives in Orlando and we will probably move her in with us. My family has roots going back to the founding of the Spiritualist camp at Cassadega. We our looking forward to coming home.

What really attracted me to Tradecraft was the use of the action-shooting bays. I am a little spoiled now because I have access to a private range where we can run & gun, shoot from cover, over and under barriers. Also nice for chronograph data collection and shooting gel or other media to evaluate load performance.

I am looking forward to shooting, fishing, boating, paddling everyday!

Quick question for you - Is it legal to canoe and fish the canals in Collier County?
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 11:51:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Hey everyone!!! Tradecraft Range has not changed hands. In fact it is still owned by the same guys, Ryan and Anthony and it's doing great!!

2020 has already been a solid year for the range. We have hosted 2 PRS matches and are Florida's only Tactical Games affiliate and have hosted two sell out Tactical Games Skirmish competitions with our 3rd planned for Saturday April 25th.

We are now getting ready to break ground on additional 100, 600 and 1000 yard ranges along with several improvements to the existing ranges and property.

We are getting our training calendar booked out with courses from Florida Firearms Training, Force IMI and a November Sheepdog Response course with Tim Kennedy is already open for registration.

to keep up with our activities, follow us on Instagram @tradecraft_range and on Facebook too

You can always email us:
[email protected]
[email protected]

Train Safe
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 7:13:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Guys $120/mo for long range membership is the price to play. Where else can you go shoot 1,300 yards on your own in South FL?

Quoted:
Hey everyone!!! Tradecraft Range has not changed hands. In fact it is still owned by the same guys, Ryan and Anthony and it's doing great!!

2020 has already been a solid year for the range. We have hosted 2 PRS matches and are Florida's only Tactical Games affiliate and have hosted two sell out Tactical Games Skirmish competitions with our 3rd planned for Saturday April 25th.

We are now getting ready to break ground on additional 100, 600 and 1000 yard ranges along with several improvements to the existing ranges and property.

We are getting our training calendar booked out with courses from Florida Firearms Training, Force IMI and a November Sheepdog Response course with Tim Kennedy is already open for registration.

to keep up with our activities, follow us on Instagram @tradecraft_range and on Facebook too

You can always email us:
[email protected]
[email protected]

Train Safe
View Quote
Thanks for replying. I am a member for long range and have been to those PRS matches you mentioned. Awesome that you guys were willing to run the Sundown Shootdown too. Hope we can do that again this year (after the time change so we don’t have to wait so late to start!)

But I’ve heard from multiple sources that there was a change in ownership. Not just here but even at the range. Any idea where these rumors originated? (Not that it matters, just odd it came up!)
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 2:42:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Likely from another company that occupied the property at the same time we did. They are no longer here and I'm sure their departure ended up reflecting on us.

We are incredibly happy to be growing and are looking forward to a great 2020.

So pass the word!!! We are open, improving and ready for new members.

Thanks everyone!!
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 10:17:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Likely from another company that occupied the property at the same time we did. They are no longer here and I'm sure their departure ended up reflecting on us.

We are incredibly happy to be growing and are looking forward to a great 2020.

So pass the word!!! We are open, improving and ready for new members.

Thanks everyone!!
View Quote
Do you have to schedule an appointment to check the place out and is there a reason why your not open all week?
Link Posted: 3/9/2020 3:44:59 PM EDT
[#22]
We initially tried Mon- Tues -Wed hours and it just wasn't cost effective to be open with little to no traffic. We do track range usage and as we start to approach 75-80% capacity we will start adding days to the calendar. That shouldn't be long.

We run tours of the property all the time and would love to have you come out to see what we have to offer. Feel free to drop me an email and let's set you up.

[email protected]
Link Posted: 3/9/2020 5:29:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
We initially tried Mon- Tues -Wed hours and it just wasn't cost effective to be open with little to no traffic. We do track range usage and as we start to approach 75-80% capacity we will start adding days to the calendar. That shouldn't be long.

We run tours of the property all the time and would love to have you come out to see what we have to offer. Feel free to drop me an email and let's set you up.

[email protected]
View Quote
OK will do thank you.
Link Posted: 3/9/2020 8:42:30 PM EDT
[#24]
You're welcome!!

Looking forward to seeing you at the range James.
Link Posted: 3/12/2020 3:17:11 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Would like to join an outdoor range near Ft. Myers and be able to shoot steel and not be so crowded. I go to Webb once in a while but its just no fun for me at least to shoot paper slow fire . Looks like Tradecraft is a pretty nice set up just seems like a lot of money and there only open Thursday thru Sunday.
View Quote

Ok shoot steel I see, faster fire, but what else are you looking to do?
Static, run and gun, what ranges and how often?
Link Posted: 3/12/2020 6:09:51 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Ok shoot steel I see, faster fire, but what else are you looking to do?
Static, run and gun, what ranges and how often?
View Quote
Not so much run and gun matches but more looking for a private range where you have some freedom.
Don't get me wrong Webb is a good range Ive only been there a few times and everyone working there
were nice and friendly plus its only a 20 minute drive but its got its limitations.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top