Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/16/2021 11:02:19 AM EDT
I'm looking for a small forest axe with 19 inch or so handle, and a 14 inch hatchet for my son and I. He is ready to move up to a better quality than what he is using now.

I would like something in the Raleigh area but all leads are welcome.

Council Tool, Grunfors Bruk, or equivalent....
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 8:32:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I ordered one from LL Bean this past fall. It was the only place I was able to find them in stock at the time. Downside to ordering online is you don’t get to see the actual axe you’re buying.

I haven’t seen anywhere in eastern NC that sells them but since you’re in the Raleigh area maybe you’ll have better luck.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:56:56 PM EDT
[#2]
If you have a Great Outdoor Provision Company near you try there. I couldn’t find any Gränsfors in stock anywhere and they had the small forest axe in stock as well as the Scandinavian Forest axe.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:56:13 AM EDT
[#3]
If  you're around raleigh tomorrow, 3 vendors at the show(Jim Graham Building) had Hults Bruk in various sizes if you'd like to handle them first. Pricing appeared MSRP. I have a Hult's Bruk Swedish surplus axe and enjoy it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:50:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the idea of the great outdoor provision company

I was able to check out several models and ultimately settled on a wildlife hatchet.

The small forest axe was just to big for what I envision using it for...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top