Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2018 4:50:22 PM EDT
Party meeting/strategy session at the Essex Grange at 1830.

My wife and I will be there with bells on.
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 5:14:18 PM EDT
[#1]
That's a little far, even for me. More's the pity...
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 10:40:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I understand.

Turnout was around 60. There was a young female reporter there from an unknown media organization.

Thile following is my opinion about what I observed.

I hadn't been to one of these before but my wife had.
It was a shitshow. There's too much division within the party and individuals don't make an effort to get along. It's not even a clique mentality, it's stubborn individuals holding things back. I could write a book on what I observed.

The main problem in my opinion was that the person who appeared to be facilitating the meeting, the Chittenden County Republican Committee spokesman, kept interjecting that he still stands by Scott and didn't seem to want to allow people to speak to the contrary. He was alone in his opinion within that room, let me tell you. My wife said that usually he is pretty quiet.

Numerous people got up and spoke at various points about Scott and most got ovations. "Traitor" was shouted several times. Some mighty venomous words got nods of approval and applause.

Sadly nothing got done at all and the room was basically an airing of grievances. I felt bad for a couple gentlemen there who seemed to be making an honest effort to present numbers and statistics on voter participation-- which is something that needs to be addressed. Zero headway was made on discussing efforts to educate and get people to the polls. That's the huge topic that my wife and I went hoping to hear.

The facilitator of the meeting said early on that some topics would be discussed later after the formal meeting, but the guy tucked his tail between his legs and practically ran from the room once the meeting was officially over and people started raising their voices about his performance.

I was very disappointed and frankly ashamed that something with so much potential was allowed to work out like it did.
Link Posted: 4/18/2018 6:44:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By D6T:
There was a young female reporter there from an unknown media organization.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
There was a young female reporter there from an unknown media organization.
Anytime I encounter a reporter at a pro-2A event, I make it a point to greet them. I want them to feel welcome, and not be thinking that we're a bunch of loonies, or an armed lynch mob. I also want to know what organization they report for, where I can watch / listen to / read their reportage, etc. That's in the way of making them aware that some of us will be checking up on them, and will call them out publicly on any lies or distortions in their report.

Thile following is my opinion about what I observed.

I hadn't been to one of these before but my wife had.
It was a shitshow. There's too much division within the party and individuals don't make an effort to get along. It's not even a clique mentality, it's stubborn individuals holding things back. I could write a book on what I observed.

The main problem in my opinion was that the person who appeared to be facilitating the meeting, the Chittenden County Republican Committee spokesman, kept interjecting that he still stands by Scott and didn't seem to want to allow people to speak to the contrary. He was alone in his opinion within that room, let me tell you. My wife said that usually he is pretty quiet.

Numerous people got up and spoke at various points about Scott and most got ovations. "Traitor" was shouted several times. Some mighty venomous words got nods of approval and applause.

Sadly nothing got done at all and the room was basically an airing of grievances. I felt bad for a couple gentlemen there who seemed to be making an honest effort to present numbers and statistics on voter participation-- which is something that needs to be addressed. Zero headway was made on discussing efforts to educate and get people to the polls. That's the huge topic that my wife and I went hoping to hear.

The facilitator of the meeting said early on that some topics would be discussed later after the formal meeting, but the guy tucked his tail between his legs and practically ran from the room once the meeting was officially over and people started raising their voices about his performance.

I was very disappointed and frankly ashamed that something with so much potential was allowed to work out like it did.
That's a damn shame. Seems like y'all need a different dude to chair the next meeting.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top