Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2019 7:06:08 PM EDT
I'll be there with the Utah Firearms Association in a booth next to Shootah's HQ tent, and the industry presence will be big. https://utahshooters.com/

Would love to see some arfcommers there.
Link Posted: 5/15/2019 10:16:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I didn't know anything about the Utah Firearms Association or Shootah.  BRB...
Link Posted: 5/15/2019 10:41:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Utah Firearms Association is a non-profit I started volunteering for as political coordinator in February. The founder started in late 2017 to help stop Handy's ERPO efforts (primarily). It's a two-man operation. We're looking to expand and gain more leverage in the legislature in the coming years.

Shootah is an industry event (primarily) that's open to the public.

https://utahshooters.com/pages/shootah-2019-attendee-info

Thanks for checking out Shootah 2019!  What started out as a public invite to come shoot with a few others in the local community is now the largest public live-fire event in the state!  This year will be bigger and better than ever.  Mostly local and a few national vendors will bring out their products and firearms to check out and test.  Every type of firearm you can imagine will be there to shoot.  Come demo the latest and greatest, and even shoot some old and rare firearms from WWII!  There are so many amazing firearms-industry based businesses in Utah, and Shootah is where we bring them all together into one event. This ain't your grand-daddy's gun show!  
WHEN:

Shootah will be held on Saturday, July 20th from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.  
WHAT:

This will be THE industry range day event of the year.  Guns, gear, great food, awesome people.  What better way to spend your time?

Local manufacturers will show-off and have available to demo their latest and greatest products -including firearms- to the public.

Shooting.  Not just any shooting.  All of those guns that you see in the movies and wish you could get your trigger finger on....they'll be there, thanks to some of our local shooting ranges and firearms manufacturers. (shooting firearms at the vendor booths will incur an additional charge from the vendors depending on what you'd like to shoot)

A HUGE giveaway for some great products will be held right after the flag ceremony at noon.  To enter the giveaway, you can purchase our "Shootah special items."  Every dollar spent will get one free entry into the giveaway!  Bonus this year:  You don't need to be there to win.  In years past, we have thrown away a lot of names when drawing because the winners weren't present.  This year if we pull your name, you win whether you're there or not. (See more details below)

Axe throwing.  What?  Yes.  Grunting encouraged.

Some different mini-shooting competitions put on by different vendors will be held throughout the day.

The best food trucks this side of the Jordan River!

A "beat the pro" shooting station.  How do you stack up?

You DO NOT want to miss this event!

WHERE:

The FARM training facility in Fairfield, UT.  35 minutes off the I-15 American Fork exit, heading west.  This is where it has been held the last 4 years.  You can search for "the farm shooting range utah" in Google Maps or click HERE for more detailed directions.

WHO:

YOU, your family, your brother, his annoying wife, and all the kids!  As long as your kids are able and willing to wear eye and ear protection, bring them along!

And also many amazing local vendors.  Here is a list of some of the vendors and sponsors with more being added each week!

1911 Syndicate  ***New Vendor!

Action Target

Amtac Suppressors

Axil hearing protection and enhancement

The Armory

Black Ice Armory

Black Arch Holsters

Bountiful Armory

Bretheren Arms

Bronc Box  ***New Vendor!

Concealment Solutions

Cold Front Firearms  ***New Vendor!

Culper Precision

Dead Air Suppressors

Gallant Bullets

Gallenson's Guns

GoEngineer

The Gunbox

Hogue Grips  ***New Vendor!

Kickback Coatings

LoneStar Training

Nielson Training

North American Arms

One Tactical

OSS Suppressors

Pig Lube

Phat Axe

Phone Skope

Rain6

ReadyGunner

Rangeday Apparel Co

SilencerCo

Six Axis Development

Sport Ear

SX3

TacWare

Tier 1 Concealment

TNT Gun Range

TruArmor

Uintah Precision

Utah Air Guns

Walkers Hearing Protection  ***New Vendor!

Wasatch Wigeons Association

You Tactical

and more are being added each week!

HOW:

Here is how we will make this a great and safe event.

Some Shootah rules that we would like you to observe:

This event will NOT be open to personal firearm shooting this year.  You may bring your concealed carry weapon of course, but please don't expect to be able to shoot your personal firearms.  This is for safety, liability, and logistics reasons.  We appreciate your understanding.

Each vendor will have a range safety officer but we ask that you observe strict firearm safety and caution as you are handling firearms at the event.

Eye and ear protection are required whenever attendees enter the roped-off firing line area.  You can bring your own, or there will be some available to purchase at the event.

Children are welcome and encouraged to come as long as they are able (and willing) to wear eye and ear protection and follow the basic firearm safety rules while at a range and handling a firearm.

Each adult over the age of 18 attending Shootah must fill out a Shootah Waiver and Release form before entering the event.  
Link Posted: 5/15/2019 11:58:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Tagging this until I'm on a computer that can look at the site.
Link Posted: 5/15/2019 12:25:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I had a good time there.
Link Posted: 5/15/2019 1:00:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I had a good time there.
View Quote
Will you come again?

I have some volunteers so I won't ask you to put any work in for me but I would be definitely excited to have the Arf contingent start getting some facetime with industry and retailers here!
Link Posted: 5/17/2019 1:59:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I would love to go again but I'll be out of state working.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top