Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/24/2022 5:54:03 PM EDT
https://thebunkerpg.com/shooting-range/

I live in Winter Garden and there are not any places near by for outdoor shooting.  There are quite a few indoor ranges, and the cost isn't bad - but with indoor ranges you can'd do drills like some outdoor ranges allow you to do.  The closest outdoor range appears to be the Bunker - which is fairly new, but holy cow is it expensive!  They charge $59 / month for a single membership which ends up costing over $700 a year!  

The next closest outdoor range is the Eustis gun range which is $350 / year for the first year and $250 / year afterwards.  It's 20 miles to one and 26 miles to the other.  For the price difference I'd go to the Eustis gun club but wanted to find out who may have actually gone to the Bunker?
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 5:32:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Never been there but looks nice.

As far as the price goes and your , go buy some land, do developments, then pay taxes every year, do the up keep, etc., you will see quickly the price is not unreasonable. It's actually quite cheap for a place to go shoot with private 25-yard pocket berms. Screw shooting on line with others, always something or someone holding up the firing line. Having a 400 yard line isn't to shabby either.

I don't know if Eustis has private pocket berms.

If you're a shooter and like to shoot or train often, the asking price is a pretty good deal IMO... if you're a couple boxes a year guy. maybe not so much.
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 8:09:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Haven't been to the Bunker. I belong to Eustis. They have private berms. I like to shoot clays too. They have a pretty good set up for that as well.

If I'm only shooting a few large caliber rifle rounds, pistol, or checking my reloads, I just shoot at home.

If I'm blasting for the day I try to be courteous and go to the range.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 11:32:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Haven't been to the Bunker. I belong to Eustis. They have private berms. I like to shoot clays too. They have a pretty good set up for that as well.

If I'm only shooting a few large caliber rifle rounds, pistol, or checking my reloads, I just shoot at home.

If I'm blasting for the day I try to be courteous and go to the range.
View Quote

Thanks for the thoughtful response.  $700 for a yearly membership is over the top in my opinion.  Hell even Ares is only $300 a year and that is a world class facility.  Previous posters response is way off base.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 8:55:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thanks for the thoughtful response.  $700 for a yearly membership is over the top in my opinion.  Hell even Ares is only $300 a year and that is a world class facility.  Previous posters response is way off base.
View Quote

My apologies if my response offended you.

It was intended to add context to why some facilities cost more than others. Range location, facilities, range rules, membership numbers, etc., all effect range club rates.

Seems $300-$400 is a great price DEPENDING on what is included, $700 is middle of the road, and I know of ranges that charge $1000.

You cited Ares as an example, their $300 membership level isn't all inclusive. That level only allows use of the main range. To be able to use the pocket berms (1 hour limit) and long range you to have to pay more according to their pricing schedule.

Again, my apologies if you were offended.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top