Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2021 12:28:48 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 5:01:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep.  That's "standard" for renewals.  If you want a Real-ID compliant license, so you can fly on an airplane, you need to make an appointment at a DMV geographically farthest from you, and the most inconvenient time, somewhere in the fall of '22.  Bring proof of 5 vaccinations, a recent (within 15 minutes) negative PCR test, certified by a UL-listed laboratory, wear three masks, and two condoms.

And once you clear all those hurdles, they'll tell you you've been standing in the wrong line - come back next time and try again.
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 11:54:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yep.  That's "standard" for renewals.  If you want a Real-ID compliant license, so you can fly on an airplane, you need to make an appointment at a DMV geographically farthest from you, and the most inconvenient time, somewhere in the fall of '22.  Bring proof of 5 vaccinations, a recent (within 15 minutes) negative PCR test, certified by a UL-listed laboratory, wear three masks, and two condoms.

And once you clear all those hurdles, they'll tell you you've been standing in the wrong line - come back next time and try again.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/30/2021 1:21:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 8:14:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

So NJish
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 6:07:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 8:10:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I though the whole process with 7 points of ID and 6 points of proof-of-address were for RealID requirements.

Fuck 'em.  Can't see myself flying anywhere anytime soon anyway.
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 9:47:56 AM EDT
[#7]
The REAL ID includes a photo on their facial recognition digital camera, that becomes available for forever use by state.

Under federal law, REAL ID cannot be obtained via the mail- you must show in person. And unless you are a US Citizen, you are not eligible for one.
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 10:18:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Yup. You want Real ID you have to go to the DMV with 23 forms of ID, a DNA test and a wad of cash. Pack a lunch.
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 9:31:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, there's an extra charge and documentation requirements for a RealID™? driver license in NJ.

Frankly it's easier to just get a passport.

ETA Holy Zombie thread, I forgot I even replied to it ??
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 7:16:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Let me recommend the Passport Card.

Good for ten years.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 7:03:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Isn't Real ID a NJ thing? So this would just be to fly out of NJ, and if you go to Phila airport it shouldn't make a difference?

Or am I way too optimistic?
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 8:05:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Isn't Real ID a NJ thing? So this would just be to fly out of NJ, and if you go to Phila airport it shouldn't make a difference?

Or am I way too optimistic?
View Quote

RealID is a Federal program, and by now I believe required to fly.

Passports are RealID compliant. Most state"s driver's licenses are.  NJ makes you pay extra for the privilege.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 7:28:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Yes, I got it last month
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 4:26:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 5:55:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Personally, I keep my passport up to date. Along with it you get a "real ID" wallet size card which I use whenever going through the TSA. I would also recommend the Pre TSA Check enrollment. It is easy and you get passed security without much hassle.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top