Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2021 5:14:50 PM EDT
And 87 it shall be.

ETA:  Just did a text search on "firearms" in the Texas Legislation Online site.  There are 25 bills that have been introduced.  Some of them are nothing burgers, but quite a few are anti.

SB 242 & SB163 tals about requiring background checks for private sales.  
HB 760 & HB 245 seem to be the house versions of the senate bills on private sales, though a little more severe with regards to gun shows.
HB 395, HB 164 & SB 110 look like a Red Flag laws
HB210 & SB283 are about surrendering firearms related to family violence

And that's just part of it.  Looks like the political critters down in Austin are feeling empowered.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:18:55 PM EDT
[#1]
The rinos are going to pander to their new dem overlords in Washington. There is no telling how far these jackasses are going to go. Would be nice to gain back liberty instead of losing it. Guess constitutional carry is out of the question.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:35:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I've already written my state representative and senator.  

Sample of my letter if you want to grab it:

I'm writing to you today to oppose the following legislation, and should it come to a vote, and asking you to vote against these restrictions on our second amendment freedoms:
  • House Bill 52 & House Bill 245 BANNING private firearms sales at gun shows
  • House Bill 118 BANNING private firearms transfers between certain family members and friends, requiring FFLs to process these transactions that would include federal paperwork for government approval at an undetermined fee.
  • House Bill 127 BANNING long gun open carry with limited exceptions.
  • House Bill 164 & House Bill 395 red flag GUN CONFISCATION legislation requiring firearms surrender without due process.
  • House Bill 172 & House Bill 241 BANNING the sale or transfer and possession of commonly-owned semi-automatic firearms.
  • House Bill 178 & House Bill 234 BANNING the sale or transfer and possession of standard capacity magazines that hold more than 10 rounds
  • House Bill 185 MANDATING firearms to be stored in locked gun cases, safes or cabinets.
  • House Bill 196 REPEALING key elements of Texas' Castle Doctrine law, including stand your ground and no-duty-to-retreat.
  • House Bill 201 REPEALING Texas' Campus Carry law.
  • House Bill 231 RAISING THE MINIMUM AGE for purchase of semi-automatic rifles and shotguns.
  • House Bill 236 GUTTING the "30.06 and 30.07" signage requirements for businesses and making it easier for establishments to ban License-To-Carry holders from their premises.
  • House Bill 238 REPEALING the state firearms preemption law and allowing local governments to restrict guns as they please.

Finally, as we are facing an incoming Joe Biden/Kamala Harris administration in the White House, it will be more important than ever for Texas to stand against federal overreach in legislation and regulation. In regard to the Second Amendment, should it come to pass, Texas must be a Second Amendment Sanctuary and reject any unconstitutional legislation and regulation from the federal level.

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:50:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice write up.  You clearly were more willing to spend the time than I was.  Thanks.

Yeah, started a letter to the critters.  Hope to finish today.  I might actually mail these.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 5:53:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've already written my state representative and senator.  

Sample of my letter if you want to grab it:

I'm writing to you today to oppose the following legislation, and should it come to a vote, and asking you to vote against these restrictions on our second amendment freedoms:
  • House Bill 52 & House Bill 245 BANNING private firearms sales at gun shows
  • House Bill 118 BANNING private firearms transfers between certain family members and friends, requiring FFLs to process these transactions that would include federal paperwork for government approval at an undetermined fee.
  • House Bill 127 BANNING long gun open carry with limited exceptions.
  • House Bill 164 & House Bill 395 red flag GUN CONFISCATION legislation requiring firearms surrender without due process.
  • House Bill 172 & House Bill 241 BANNING the sale or transfer and possession of commonly-owned semi-automatic firearms.
  • House Bill 178 & House Bill 234 BANNING the sale or transfer and possession of standard capacity magazines that hold more than 10 rounds
  • House Bill 185 MANDATING firearms to be stored in locked gun cases, safes or cabinets.
  • House Bill 196 REPEALING key elements of Texas' Castle Doctrine law, including stand your ground and no-duty-to-retreat.
  • House Bill 201 REPEALING Texas' Campus Carry law.
  • House Bill 231 RAISING THE MINIMUM AGE for purchase of semi-automatic rifles and shotguns.
  • House Bill 236 GUTTING the "30.06 and 30.07" signage requirements for businesses and making it easier for establishments to ban License-To-Carry holders from their premises.
  • House Bill 238 REPEALING the state firearms preemption law and allowing local governments to restrict guns as they please.

Finally, as we are facing an incoming Joe Biden/Kamala Harris administration in the White House, it will be more important than ever for Texas to stand against federal overreach in legislation and regulation. In regard to the Second Amendment, should it come to pass, Texas must be a Second Amendment Sanctuary and reject any unconstitutional legislation and regulation from the federal level.

View Quote

Look instead of running around with your hair on fire over these stupid bills, e mail Phelan and ask that he make sure a solid pro-gun Republican is the chair of the Homeland Security committee. That way all these dumb fucking bills do not get a hearing and die in committee.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 6:21:07 PM EDT
[#5]
First question to ask, are any of these billed submitted or co-sponsored by republicans? There are a ton of anti-gun bills submitted every session and almost all are DoA.

That doesn't mean don't do anything; call your reps and let them know not to go along. But it does not mean the sky is falling that bills were submitted.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 6:31:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Look instead of running around with your hair on fire over these stupid bills, e mail Phelan and ask that he make sure a solid pro-gun Republican is the chair of the Homeland Security committee. That way all these dumb fucking bills do not get a hearing and die in committee.
View Quote

I'm not running around with my hair on fire. I'm making my voice heard to my elected officials.

And yes, I also emailed Phelan and did that very thing.

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 7:12:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
First question to ask, are any of these billed submitted or co-sponsored by republicans? There are a ton of anti-gun bills submitted every session and almost all are DoA.

That doesn't mean don't do anything; call your reps and let them know not to go along. But it does not mean the sky is falling that bills were submitted.
View Quote

Texas gets 8,000-10,000 bills filed every session, less than a 1,000 get a committee hearing, much less get out of committee.

Last session Talarico stole his seat and put out a bunch of anti-gun bills even worse. This session he had no anti-gun bills.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:37:58 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm sure all law abiding criminals will obey these new laws just like they obey all the others on the books.

I hope these go no where.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top