Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/2/2019 10:15:37 PM EDT
Wife and I are moving out of this state. Hopefully the transgender illegal alien homeless heroin users that replace us will bring something positive to the community. Good luck!
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 11:51:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Salem is certainly making it harder and harder to stay.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 1:15:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Just waiting on a transfer to AZ.   There is no way I can retire here and remain happy so I'm out.   Can't even watch the damn news without getting pissed off at the dumb shit here that is considered newsworthy, which the OP pretty much nailed.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 1:22:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I thought you left years ago.

We moved out to the county and it’s been great. I have to work downtown so i can’t escape that part.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 4:17:40 PM EDT
[#4]
We're not ready to leave yet, my youngest son is going to be a Sr. next year and I don't want to move him with one year left.  I had hoped to retire in Oregon, but the looney tunes legislature is making it harder to justify staying here.  Washington isn't any better, so it will probably be Idaho or Montana, as we have family in both states.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 7:12:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I've found it pretty difficult to get hired out of state. Very few responses compared to jobs I apply for in state.
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 1:13:14 AM EDT
[#6]
I've been blessed, I get to keep my same job but move to Idaho. Signed papers with a real estate agent tonight. I'm peacefully revoking my consent to be governed by this clown state.

It's really too bad because we have a beautiful part of the country but these shitlibs aren't going to stop. They want our money and they want our freedom.

My wife and I pick up trash in our community every day when we walk our dog but apparently the illiterate third world peasants who don't even understand the concept of waste management will help Oregon be more "green" that we do. But hey, they also bring their cultural ideas about rape and lying to get what they want so it's a win/win for Oregon!
Link Posted: 6/8/2019 5:32:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I moved last year across the eastern border.  Bump in job as well with a new company.  Less stress, lower cost of living, and just more pleasant overall.
Link Posted: 6/11/2019 7:13:30 PM EDT
[#8]
I came here 12 years ago as a refugee from komiforna. Thinking Alabama to retire.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 8:52:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Tax structure in Oregon is bad for retirement. As a doctor i would drive to Seattle than have care from an oregonian doc.
Link Posted: 6/18/2019 9:35:56 AM EDT
[#10]
We were just talking about this over the weekend.  My wife is retiring in the next year or so.  I'm 5 years younger, so I have a few more to go.  House is paid off in 3 months.  Retirement account is financially sound.

We just can't see living here that much longer. Taxes and politics have ruined the state.  My mom is here and will probably live past 100.  She's panicking that we would leave, but I think she understands.  Our son is here, but will survive.

We lived rural 20 years ago in CA , 30 minutes from any type of store, and don't want to have to maintain a large property or be in a wilderness wildfire zone again.  We want "nice" suburbia near good medical and an airport.  Boise seems to have become too expensive, with all the CA transplants jacking up home prices.  We are thinking Northern AZ, but have to do some research.
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 9:23:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tax structure in Oregon is bad for retirement. As a doctor i would drive to Seattle than have care from an oregonian doc.
View Quote
ronin556, could you elaborate on the doctor thing, please?
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 9:30:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Some of you saw my posts about trying to move to Oregon.  I grew up in a very small town on the coast surrounded by wilderness.  I was shocked at home prices in Portland - basically $700,000 bottom floor for a house in a decent school district big enough for my four kids, or $500,000 minimum within a 20 minute commute.

I live on seven acres in a nice house, and my property is worth less than half that.

I make a lot of money.  It looked like I was going to have to take a substantial pay cut and a cost of living increase and higher income taxes to move to Oregon.

We've decided to stay put a while longer.

I was really nervous about the gun bill that was pending at the time when I was deep into this job search.  Thankfully, that bill was killed.  The gun laws in Oregon are still, today, better than the vast majority of states.  In very few states can you carry into an elementary school, for instance.

I guess I'll have to settle for just visiting your beautiful state from time to time, as I have been doing . . .  I do miss it, though.  It was a great place to grow up.
Link Posted: 6/22/2019 7:54:06 AM EDT
[#13]
We hear your pain, Brothers.

Plenty of work here, housing very reasonable, decent schools, jobs galore with decent pay--BUT--Winter here is a B****!

Just sayin....
Link Posted: 7/21/2019 12:18:16 PM EDT
[#14]
I left and found a beautiful place to live, but the politics seems to be the same as Portland.  Seattle, Tacoma, Olympia areas in Washington state are just like Portland, Salem, Eugene in Oregon.
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 11:19:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Plenty of work here, housing very reasonable, decent schools, jobs galore with decent pay--BUT--Winter here is a B****!

Just sayin....
View Quote
Ever been to Wyoming?? I would move but I have way to much fun pissing off the local commies at REI and other downtown venues... I drive a POS just fro that reason. Im staying for the Boogaloo...
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 10:08:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Just sayin....
View Quote
In Idaho? That is the dealbreaker for us :/ brutal as f*ck winters. Is it that bad?
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 7:48:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
In Idaho? That is the dealbreaker for us :/ brutal as f*ck winters. Is it that bad?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just sayin....
North Idaho has real winters. We are getting tractor with a snow plow attachment.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 5:52:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Hell in the blue frig are y'all still there?
Oregon is bootsy.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 4:11:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Hopefully in 2026. I've lived in Oregon since 1975 and the current state of affairs disgusts me. It gets worse every year. I lament what a shit hole this state has become. To be fair, it's the I-5 cities/counties, as Eastern Oregon isn't as bat-shit crazy, but I'm not a desert person. I grew up the the Willamette Valley, and I'm counting the days until I can leave.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top