Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/6/2020 8:35:47 AM EDT
Mom and youngest bro likely have it - but are not yet showing fever and/or dry cough.

I'm hearing that's the criteria for testing - anyone get one without the red tape?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 9:23:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Mom and youngest bro likely have it - but are not yet showing fever and/or dry cough.

I'm hearing that's the criteria for testing - anyone get one without the red tape?

Thanks.
View Quote

just curious why you think they likely have it when they are not showing either of the major symptoms? Why do you think they have the asymptomatic type?

J-
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 5:35:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

just curious why you think they likely have it when they are not showing either of the major symptoms? Why do you think they have the asymptomatic type?

J-
View Quote

Extreme fatigue past week.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 6:54:04 PM EDT
[#3]
They aren't getting tested because they don't need to be tested.

They don't have symptoms that trigger the test need.

Link Posted: 4/7/2020 1:49:22 PM EDT
[#4]
At my wife's hospital in SE Michigan, they are still doing drive-up triage for covid.  If you have some symptoms, they'll send you home to quarantine yourself for two weeks.  The only folks getting into the hospital are ones who are seriously sick.

Only folks getting tested for covid are the ones who are sick enough to get into the hospital.

Which, incidentally, is why any statistics about this are pretty much crap.  If you have covid, and get over it in two weeks, or you're an asymptomatic carrier, you never get counted in any stats.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 3:49:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's not really a good reason to be tested as there are so many variables.  With everyone in quarantine they have been picking up weight and mozying around becoming fatigued.   Sleep schedules are definitely changed, stress, taking care of home tasks now, and various factors can cause you to feel very tired.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 7:17:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I can tick all those boxes.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 8:32:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Possibly allergies. With the weather fluctuating like this. It kicks the shit out of you.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 6:28:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Bottom line is they are testing only those who may need hospitalization. There is a list of about 10 symptoms and a handful of lifestyle questions. You need to present a minimum of 2 of the serious ones and one of the less serious symptoms. The lifestyle questions include foreign/domestic travel, quarantine period, exposure to known positive C19 people.

You already said no fever so you will be automatically sent home. Even if you have a fever it would have to exceed 100F for a period of days.

Basically they are not presenting anything
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 11:30:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
That's not enough to get tested, or even have reason to believe it's a virus.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 5:48:43 PM EDT
[#10]
My wife is coughing from her allergies but called over to see about getting tested.  They told her that they won't test unless she leaves the house for work.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 4:32:09 PM EDT
[#11]
It was easy for me. Get admitted to a hospital with COVID symptoms and "groundglass" patches in my lungs on x-ray. Not fun, can tell you that.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 8:52:39 PM EDT
[#12]
rite aid will test u if u are still working.  go to riteaid.com find location fill out questionnaire.  im positive with covid 19 and so is my wife . it started with a runny nose and feeling tired . Then body aches and lost my smell. I never ran a fever except Sunday I hit 101 for a half hour then went to normal. I feel fine now . I never had anything in my chest . I have asthma and high blood pressure . Truth is they have no clue about this virus it does diff things to diff people .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top