Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2021 11:23:34 AM EDT
Haven't heard anything about it.

Do Not Reply Aug 27, 2021, 8:55 PM (12 hours ago)
to me
My fellow Idahoan,
The economy of Idaho continues to blow past projections, and we are leading the country in economic prosperity.  This year we achieved the single largest tax cut in state history!  We are returning your tax dollars with our record budget surplus.
We have issued your 2021 Idaho tax rebate payment, and you should receive it soon  either in the mail or in your bank account if you received your 2020 income tax refund through direct deposit. Visit https://tax.idaho.gov/rebateinfo to learn more about the rebate.
You will see one-time tax relief with the rebate payment and permanent tax cuts moving forward.  These tax cuts boost the prosperity of Idahoans. They keep our tax rates competitive and our business climate vibrant.  Curbing government spending and cutting taxes remains my top priority.
Thank you for your dedication to our great state.
Sincerely,
Brad Little
Governor of Idaho
Idaho State Tax Commission
(208) 334-7660 in the Boise area,
(800) 972-7660 toll free

Looks like it's $50 and 9% from the link:

What is the amount of the tax rebate?
The amount is based on the most recent, approved 2019 tax return information on file at the time the rebate is issued. It's one of the following, whichever is greater:

$50 per taxpayer and each dependent
9% of the tax amount reported on Form 40, line 20, or line 42 for eligible Idaho residents and service members using Form 43.

Would much rather prefer a rebate on my property taxes (or put back to 2016 levels), but I'll take what I can get.

Link Posted: 8/28/2021 2:44:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Already have the check sitting on the counter. Time to drop the state income tax completely.
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 12:11:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I got a rebate check this week.

I pay a lot of state income tax. I'll just leave it at that...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top