Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2021 10:43:45 PM EDT
Just got mine.  

And a nice letter from the AG.  

They were manipulating their rate plans and putting customers on plans that cost significantly more.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 4:33:53 PM EDT
[#1]
How far back are they going....?
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 4:39:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How far back are they going....?
View Quote

The letter says if you were enrolled prior to March 2020.  

I compared my bill from this time last year and it's literally 50% less.  I switched to the plan that runs a straight rate that doesn't change and doesn't have additional "peak charges" added on top of it.

They sucker you in with ridiculously low on and off-peak, like .08/.05kWh, respectively,  but add a "Summer demand charge"

@$17.438Per kW    

"A charge for the single highest hour of energy used weekdays between 3 pm - 8 pm during a billing cycle – averaged over an entire hour."

Just the way they word it, it's hard to figure out how they're going to charge it.  At $17.438/kW you're talking a serious spike.  Also, the off peak hours are after 8, so unless you'd like to sweat your ass off until 8PM, then you have to fire up the AC during On-peak.

IE, Friday, I came home at 6 and fire up the AC.  The AC burns nearly 5kw in that first hour(based on my daily usage charge you can pull up on the website)  Say that's the highest usage during one hour of the month, they charge nearly $18/kW, so about $90 for that one hour to run the AC + all the standard rate usage for the rest of the month.  It's just a sleazebag way for them to suck an additional $100 or so out of every customer a month and someone finally called them on it.

Link Posted: 6/6/2021 5:34:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I didn't buy a house I was looking at based on the utility company was APS.  The house was a good deal, but I don't want to ever deal with APS again.  They are criminals.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 7:00:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Been paying them a fortune for 11 years now, haven't seen any money come back to me.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 7:57:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I’m with srp… feel like not much better.

Link Posted: 6/6/2021 8:14:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Got it. Been with aps for 3 years. Srp  before that. Price went up but honestly they both suck
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 3:40:03 AM EDT
[#7]
APS and SRP suck.
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 12:51:52 PM EDT
[#8]
I can't tell when I switched to "Lite Choice", but it seems likely I won't be getting a check back. I don't think it's one of the plans that was the problem. "Saver Choice" seems to be the plan in question.

Oh, and the AZ Attorney General has a notice about this.

APS settlement

ETA: Saver Choice is apparently 4 different plans, at APS's website.
Saver Choice R-TOU-E
Saver Choice max R-3
Saver Choice plus R-2
Saver Choice tech pilot R-Tech
APS Rates-Schedules-Adjustors
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 3:47:44 PM EDT
[#9]
I have not yet but I have seen a difference in my bill from last year.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top