Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/11/2022 7:53:31 PM EDT
Shit was cool. Georgia has a lot of fun shit to do.

Attachment Attached File

Tried haggis

“Wimmenz” doing the cable toss
Attachment Attached File

Bought a bottle of scotch, brother in law and I are almost done
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 7:54:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Get out and have some fun.

Shit sucks right now but damn it’s good to take a day off and enjoy life
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 6:14:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 2:59:14 AM EDT
[#3]
The "haggis" you get at the Scottish events isn't exactly real haggis, which is illegal to sell in the US because of the ingredients.  I'll let you Google it to find the details as to why.

One side of my family is originally from Scotland but I've never been.  I'd love to try real haggis and see how it compares to Scottish festival stuff which I found quite tasty.  The tasty part doesn't really go with the reputation of haggis so I suspect it's probably not very close.  

I'm officially a landowner in Scotland with the official title of "Lady" so I feel like I'm obligated to visit the homeland at some point.  
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 3:10:07 AM EDT
[#4]

I've not been to a Georgia Scottish festival but they are fun in general.  Just watching the caber toss hurts my back!

I don't really care for hard liquor and especially scotch. I don't know how you guys do it.  A friend gave me a glass of Glenfiddich several years ago. First and only time trying "scotch", or at least that's what she called it, and YUCK! Tasted like bad whiskey that had been filtered through a bag of dirty gym socks lol.  Couldn't do it lol.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 10:58:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I've not been to a Georgia Scottish festival but they are fun in general.  Just watching the caber toss hurts my back!

I don't really care for hard liquor and especially scotch. I don't know how you guys do it.  A friend gave me a glass of Glenfiddich several years ago. First and only time trying "scotch", or at least that's what she called it, and YUCK! Tasted like bad whiskey that had been filtered through a bag of dirty gym socks lol.  Couldn't do it lol.
View Quote

There will be a good festival in October on your side of town, the Stone Mountain Highland Games and Scottish Festival.

Stone Mountain Highland Games
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 3:17:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Awesome, thank you!  Going on the calendar, good time of the year too.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 3:54:09 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm going next month, will give report on the real Haggis.
WTS
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top