Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/28/2021 8:40:07 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 8:00:18 AM EDT
[#1]
FYI.

The Match Director and sole owner of Music City Tactical Shooters (at Eagle Eye) has a lifetime ban from IDPA.  He also is banned from running or shooting any matches at Strategic Edge.  The land owner of the former range in Dickson threw MCTS off the location and closed the range because of his arrogant and condescending actions toward him.

He is well know among long-time shooters in this area to show preferential treatment and cronyism to his friends during matches that he runs.

Why USPSA has any association with him is puzzling.

Link Posted: 6/29/2021 11:17:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
FYI.

The Match Director and sole owner of Music City Tactical Shooters (at Eagle Eye) has a lifetime ban from IDPA.  He also is banned from running or shooting any matches at Strategic Edge.  The land owner of the former range in Dickson threw MCTS off the location and closed the range because of his arrogant and condescending actions toward him.

He is well know among long-time shooters in this area to show preferential treatment and cronyism to his friends during matches that he runs.

Why USPSA has any association with him is puzzling.

View Quote

Having only shot two in-state matches (one at Strategic Edge, the other the state match at ORSA) since I moved to TN a year ago, I'm gonna shoot this one, despite your warning, but I will be keeping an eye out for douchebaggery.  I am a CRO and registered to work the match.  I hope I don't regret it.
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 12:08:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I am relatively new to the area as well.  Have shot at 4 different locations so far.  I was warned about MCTS, but in shooting there with folks, I have not witnessed anything out of the ordinary or been subject to any negativity toward myself or other shooters.  Actually, quite the contrary.  Everyone, including the owner,  has been friendly, courteous and professional.  I am a fairly longtime USPSA shooter and an RO.  The only unusual issue I've witnessed other than the match prices being higher than most others is there are partially used targets utilized on some stages in some matches.

I will continue shooting there as matches are available until I experience otherwise.
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 3:59:23 PM EDT
[#4]
2ndTimeAround and kcobean...,

Welcome to Tennessee.., always good to get more ROs!

The info I provided is direct first-hand knowledge, not heard from a second source three times removed from the actual events.  I personally have not had a direct issue with him.  Yet, IMHO he has had a negative impact on the shooting sports in the local area.    

The shame is the person in question runs outstanding matches.  His course designs are some of the best that I have ever shot.

You will enjoy the match - - - just make sure that this MD applies the rulebook and scoring evenly and fairly to all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top