Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/8/2021 9:23:19 AM EDT
Do we have any members around the Dove Creek area?

My son, his girlfriend and my 2 month old granddaughter hit a deer last night in that area.  Everyone is fine but the car is messed up...probably not worth fixing.  They had to spend the night in the car.  I'm not sure what is in the area for rentals etc.

AAA won't tow them because they only allow 1 person in teh cab at a time.  Either way the baby would get left on the road side.

Any info or help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 12:48:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not, but that's not *too* far from Farmington, NM. Try posting in the New Mexico forum as well.
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 5:44:57 PM EDT
[#2]
There's an Enterprise in Cortez and Delores.  May be a long Uber ride, but it'll get them wheels and they can get the car towed or dealt with.
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 6:08:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys for trying to help.  After some persistent calls to AAA and talking to a supervisor, AAA sent a wrecker with a crew cab so they all could get a ride.  They are finally in the process of getting towed.
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 11:37:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, shoot.  Drove through that area yesterday evening.  Not a whole lot down in that area, that's for sure!
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 12:14:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well, shoot.  Drove through that area yesterday evening.  Not a whole lot down in that area, that's for sure!
View Quote

The Dolores River Canyon, east of town, is cool.  And hey, Dove Creek is the Pinto Bean Capital of the World!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top