Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/7/2021 2:03:09 PM EDT
I was in the local Shoot Straight (SW FL) gun shop the other day and was handed a pamphlet during checkout, the fellow stated it was a good thing to have and recommended this particular plan; 2a-Legal.com.  I have been looking into CCW Insurance and wonder how this plan stacks up.  I don't travel a lot and it seems to be offered only in FL, but I am not certain if one is covered out of state.

Has anyone heard of or use(d) this plan?  Any thought on how it compares to some of the bigger names?
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 6:40:21 PM EDT
Do your own research.  I'm sure SS is getting a cut, or owns that Ins outright.  I wouldn't trust anything from them personally.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 7:15:08 PM EDT
This is part of my research, to see if anyone has experience with them.  Although I have heard a few not great things about SS (I don't recall them though), I have no reason not trust them on this.  2a-Legal looks like they have about 6 lawyers per their website, maybe SS gets a referral but the SS guy never mentioned "Tell 'em we sent ya".

My main concern is they seem to be more FL oriented, I will definitely be comparing them against the other big names.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 9:47:12 PM EDT
I wonder if something like that could also work against you in court. Let's say that you have to defend yourself and you actually do end up in a court room in front of a judge and jury and the prosecutor starts asking you why you have that particular insurance. It might be a tough question to answer and the prosecutor will try their best to make you look like you were just itching to shoot someone.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 10:07:39 PM EDT
No more so that saying that you bought auto insurance because you knew you were going to be speeding.

"I purchased this policy, as I did my home / auto / heath / life insurance polices, so that in the event I needed to protect myself and my family, I would not be financially devastated"

and add in if desired, "when some cunt DA like you tries to punish us law abiding folks for not being killed by criminal scum that are your voting base".
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 2:01:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/8/2021 2:03:20 PM EDT by deputygadget]
Kinda echo the above nearly all LEOs have sometype of legal defense coverage through their union or another source and despite some popular opinion we are not looking to gun folks down. Probably wont come up in court never heard of that being a thing before. Dont even think the jury would ever hear anything like that.
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 8:15:34 AM EDT
Good comments.  Does anyone have a preference to a legal program?
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 9:03:59 AM EDT
We have USCCA.  I think a lot of others on Arf also have it.
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 9:26:54 AM EDT
US Law Shield is another  one of my former co-workers has a training business and he pushes them at the end of his course and he gets a cut.  You should look at the contract and its limits and the response involved.  Most LEO stuff is designed around unlimited limits on cost of counsel and expenses, protection from civil and criminal actions  immediate physical response to critical incidents  as well as serious agency discpline actions and we pay a lot for it.

One of my good civilian friends went over what his plan entails and what he has been advised and I told him his ass could get shot by responders and most likely will spend the night in jail with that advise and no other information.  But legally that was the best advise long term to avoid a criminal conviction.

If you dont get a physical response from an attorney to the incident Im not sure you are getting your money's worth in any insurance plan.
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 6:41:19 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Dogue:
Do your own research.  I'm sure SS is getting a cut, or owns that Ins outright.  I wouldn't trust anything from them personally.
View Quote

THIS
I wouldn't trust that raghead with anything.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top