Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/27/2020 8:48:57 PM EDT
I'm putting together a new AR soon, and I can't find what I want in an assembled upper, and while my work is closed I don't have access to a vice. Anyone have an armorer's wrench and a vice near me that would be willing to help me install a barrel on my upper?
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 9:01:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I offer no help but if you were on the west side I’d do it in a heart beat. Know any friends with an auto shop? They all have bench’s to do it.

The magpul bev Block can be used with quality c clamps on a table or dimensional wood or a bench if you pick one up and a cheap wrench.

Hopefully someone chimes in
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 10:41:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I'm putting together a new AR soon, and I can't find what I want in an assembled upper, and while my work is closed I don't have access to a vice. Anyone have an armorer's wrench and a vice near me that would be willing to help me install a barrel on my upper?
View Quote

Royal Oak,
I've got everything you'd need to do upper or lower, 3,5,&6 inch vise, and according to the movers somewhere around 500lbs of assorted tools and parts.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 8:05:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Royal Oak,
I've got everything you'd need to do upper or lower, 3,5,&6 inch vise, and according to the movers somewhere around 500lbs of assorted tools and parts.
View Quote

Awesome. I'm trying to decide between a complete upper or building my own, but if I decide on building I'll IM you!
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 8:06:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Works for me
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 11:49:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I offer no help but if you were on the west side I’d do it in a heart beat. Know any friends with an auto shop? They all have bench’s to do it.

The magpul bev Block can be used with quality c clamps on a table or dimensional wood or a bench if you pick one up and a cheap wrench.

Hopefully someone chimes in
View Quote

How far west are you?  I'm in Berrien County.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top