Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2023 11:45:30 AM EDT
Coaching carousel isn’t fun.

Looking for a middle school coaching position along the I-20 corridor from the Oxford area to the Birmingham metro area.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 12:31:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I can't offer anything, but wish you best of luck coach; I know that dance all too well.
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 10:09:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Good luck coach, wish I knew of something
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 7:50:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 10:13:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks…

We’ll see what happens this time.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 9:28:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Check out the forum on AHSFHS.COM

There is a page with current openings and changes.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 6:24:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Does anybody know anything about the Pinson Valley or Blount County areas?
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 7:11:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Loved the area when I lived up that way. Ruralish feel but good proximity to what you want/need.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 7:18:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Once you get clear of the crime chaos that is Centerpoint, the Hwy 75 and 79 corridors are not bad places.  Know a few folks who have fled the Birmingham sprawl in that direction and like it.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 4:12:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Does anybody know anything about the Pinson Valley or Blount County areas?
View Quote

I would stay away from Pinson.

Blount County should be GTG
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 3:10:33 PM EDT
[#10]
I've lived near Oneonta in Blount County for almost 2 years and love it. Rural, but close enough to modern conveniences. Folks are nice and the politics run blood red. We're "yankee" transplants from VA, and folks have been very welcoming.
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 10:31:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Check in the shelby county system.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 4:13:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Mountain Brook might have some openings. I can't say that I really know anyone in the school system anymore, though.

Link Posted: 5/24/2023 5:44:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Mountain Brook might have some openings. I can't say that I really know anyone in the school system anymore, though.

View Quote

I know a few people over there. Thank you for sharing that info.

I’ll reach out to them and see what’s up.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 9:41:33 PM EDT
[#14]
My son just got told his contract wouldn’t be renewed.
The school hired a new head coach, and he’s bringing his own staff, so that eliminated some of the junior teachers that didn’t have tenure.
He is now looking in SW Alabama, but would go wherever needed.
It’s a shame, all these news articles about a teacher shortage, and the schools do this to young teachers in favor of attracting coaches and staff.
Education doesn’t matter anymore.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 4:40:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
My son just got told his contract wouldn’t be renewed.
The school hired a new head coach, and he’s bringing his own staff, so that eliminated some of the junior teachers that didn’t have tenure.
He is now looking in SW Alabama, but would go wherever needed.
It’s a shame, all these news articles about a teacher shortage, and the schools do this to young teachers in favor of attracting coaches and staff.
Education doesn’t matter anymore.
View Quote

Thanks for your input.

Yes, us coaches are all the same. Always looking to steal jobs.
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 10:57:01 PM EDT
[#16]
My son was also an assistant coach for middle school football, h.s. football, m.s baseball, and h.s. girls softball.
But his passion was to continue TEACHING.
The statement I made previously was not to berate coaches, but to show a school shouldn’t have to hire an entire coaching staff and eliminate teaching positions to accommodate or attract head coaches.
I’m also saying school systems shouldn’t be on the news screaming they can’t find new teachers.
The young teachers coming out of college know their getting shafted for some school head’s thinking they are going to be the next state champs.
Education excellence needs to come 1st.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 8:26:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cool, I hope that it works out.

Link Posted: 6/6/2023 6:26:46 PM EDT
[#18]
I already have one offer and at least two interviews next week.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 6:35:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 5:40:41 AM EDT
[#20]
good news!
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 9:38:42 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I already have one offer and at least two interviews next week.
View Quote

:D excellent
Link Posted: 6/11/2023 8:48:45 PM EDT
[#22]
I think Enterprise just had like 4 leave.
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 4:40:26 PM EDT
[#23]
I ended up having a busy week last week. 3 interviews at different schools as well as taking and passing the general science praxis, which is the hardest science to pass.

I’ve not heard anything from those schools just yet, I’m assuming I will hear back from some of the schools tomorrow due to the holiday on Monday. These schools are my second through fourth choices, and honestly any of the three would be good schools to teach at.

Tomorrow, I have an interview at my number one school. This school has been known at times to offer the position to the candidate at the end of the interview.

Link Posted: 6/21/2023 7:45:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 8:27:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Hope you get the top choice and the interview goes well!
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 6:41:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Cool beans, I hope that it turns out well for you!
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 5:02:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Well, I didn’t get an offer from the number one school choice and I won’t go into the reasons behind it.

But, a school that wasn’t on my radar until my interview offered me a position and I will take it.

I’ve heard that people really like the school. Who knows, this may be where I retire from.

It looks like tonight I’ll be going out for a nice dinner to celebrate with a nice steak and some good bourbon.

Thank you for your thoughts, prayers, and well wishes.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 9:10:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 7:25:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Coaching carousel isn't fun.

Looking for a middle school coaching position along the I-20 corridor from the Oxford area to the Birmingham metro area.
View Quote

@HeyCoach

Guntersville posted that they were looking for a wrestling coach.  Isn't the corridor but kinda close to home.

Link Posted: 6/26/2023 12:19:55 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

@HeyCoach

Guntersville posted that they were looking for a wrestling coach.  Isn't the corridor but kinda close to home.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Coaching carousel isn't fun.

@HeyCoach

@moonjumper

I won’t be able to drive that far and we aren’t able to move closer. I know both G’ville and Albertville were looking for coaches along with Southside. I found something closer to home and I think it’s an up-and-coming athletics program.

I’ll text you some time tomorrow.
Link Posted: 6/26/2023 7:06:00 AM EDT
[#31]
@HeyCoach

Sounds good.  I saw after my response that you had an offer extended.  Text anytime.  I'm on the range all week, so I'll have some downtime.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top