Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2020 7:59:27 AM EDT
Looking for information on the live oak area of Florida and of the Suwanee River areas in general anybody live out that way ?
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 7:11:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Not too terrible far, but it would be a 30 min drive probably, I'm in NW Alachua Co.

Live Oak would be up I-75 a few exits to US90 in Lake City, then west.

Depending on what exactly you need to know I may be able to help...
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 5:06:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Looking at the local area 2-5 a acre on the river any issues shooting on your own land semi auto and belt fed  tannerite  ect or has it gotten to overpopulated, hows the local store situation homey mart slowes sams ect ? Gonna drive up and look at a few  today and the wife is cityfied
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 2:47:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Nearest superwalmart, etc. is in Lake City.

Shouldn't have any issues with shooting on your own property, depending on exactly where it ends up being and what is near you.

Suwanee river floods.. Build high, get flood insurance, etc.

You may want to look in Gilchrist or Columbia counties on the Santa Fe river ...  Little further south, but closer to other small towns and Gainesville for big needs.

Link Posted: 4/25/2020 9:52:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Live Oak area is fine. Its country but not the sticks it does have its own  Walmart and Lowes and pretty much anything else you need beside major hospitals. If you want the refinement of culture and liberals you can run east to Jax south to Gville west to Tally.  River parcels typically have people wanting to relax rest retire boat and fish. Although the river can be low and very sparcely populated depending on were you get in.  Buying a 2 arce parcel on the river with close neighbors and running belt feds and tannerite will likley make you the dick of the neighborhood although legal with a backstop and such. Ive never minded shooting but tannerite can be quite unneighborly little children and pets tend to get unnerved when shit starts falling off the walls and the house shakes. If you have some space you would be all good most likley. Lots of agriculture land in that area.
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 5:05:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Hospitals are bad over there lake city would be the closest and some things you would have to go to Gainesville for.

Flooding on the river is a big point I remember when all of downtown was flooded

Flooding

There is a range in lake city that the state runs which is not bad but not rapid fire/FA friendly Range

We were looking at homes in and around live oak and was surprised at the number of migrant workers there was in the small town, one house we looked at across the street was a nice older 2 story home but had way too many people living in there at least 20-30 people including kids in the one house.

Here is an article talking about some of those issues article

I have heard some folks complaining that since the prison was built they have families of the prisoners moving into the area to be closer to their incarcerated  family members apparently this is a thing I had no idea.

Ammo would probably go to Rural King in gainesville they have the best prices.

Sams Club nearest would be Gainesville or Valdosta.

Internet depending on area can be real poor.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 1:31:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By deputygadget:
Live Oak area is fine. Its country but not the sticks it does have its own  Walmart and Lowes and pretty much anything else you need beside major hospitals. If you want the refinement of culture and liberals you can run west to Jax south to Gville east to Tally.  River parcels typically have people wanting to relax rest retire boat and fish. Although the river can be low and very sparcely populated depending on were you get in.  Buying a 2 arce parcel on the river with close neighbors and running belt feds and tannerite will likley make you the dick of the neighborhood although legal with a backstop and such. Ive never minded shooting but tannerite can be quite unneighborly little children and pets tend to get unnerved when shit starts falling off the walls and the house shakes. If you have some space you would be all good most likley. Lots of agriculture land in that area.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/8/2020 7:34:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Fixed! your other left
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 8:25:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Been a resident fifty years and my family set roots west of town in 1897.

I see some LMAO responses here.  Your post is old, but PM me if you come back to town.  Gladly meet you and help any way I can.

River property is drastically different depending on the upper or lower Suwannee.  LMK if I can help.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top