Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2023 4:35:14 PM EDT
https://www.1911forum.com/threads/ct-gun-owners%E2%80%A6did-you-hear-this.1055402/
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 7:16:19 PM EDT
[#1]
To save everyone else from having to click the link:

"I just came from my local shop and was arranging for an Ed Brown to ship from George. The shop tells me a bill is getting ready to pass (highly likely) on Tuesday that makes purchase of a new a semi auto pistol illegal unless it has 3 safeties….a loaded chamber indicator, a magazine disconnect and a manual safety. No such handgun currently exists and all the ones he has in the case cannot be sold if it passes. Never mind the pistol that is pending a transfer to me. What the actual heck is happening here?!!!!"

Unless HB6667 is going up for a vote and somehow gets signed on Tuesday I'm not sure where this shop got their information - but it sounds like panicked fudd lore based on the real requirements raised in HB6667.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 7:19:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
https://www.1911forum.com/threads/ct-gun-owners%E2%80%A6did-you-hear-this.1055402/
View Quote

Yes, its part of HB 6667 that has been WELL discussed and bitched about in the following thread here:

Legislative Update: HB 6667, HB 6816, HB 6817 and HB 6684

The relevant portion of the proposed bill for non exempted persons:
... no person shall sell, deliver or otherwise transfer any semiautomatic pistol or revolver manufactured after January 1, 2024, unless such pistol or revolver (1) is equipped with a loaded chamber indicator, and (2) if the pistol or revolver accepts a detachable magazine, is equipped with a magazine disconnect lockout.
What is new is the possibility they may vote on it as early as this Tuesday. The only people who can kill it are enough Democrats voting against it since they hold the majority in the legislature.

What that specific section would do, if passed, is create preban handguns without the chamber flag and magazine disconnect, and a "handgun list" of sorts for handguns manufactured after Jan 1, 2024 with those two "features".
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 7:24:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
but it sounds like panicked fudd lore based on the real requirements raised in HB6667.
View Quote

Yep, fudd lore by someone who likely either didn't read the actual sec. 32 of bill's language or were told it second hand.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 11:49:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Not really relevant but does the chamber peep hole on m&p's count as a loaded chamber indicator? Because I know you can get them with the disconnect and safety.
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 5:03:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not really relevant but does the chamber peep hole on m&p's count as a loaded chamber indicator? Because I know you can get them with the disconnect and safety.
View Quote

It is relevant because it shows the "expert" gun dealer that claimed "no such handgun currently exists" in the orginal link is full of sh...aving cream.
Guns that meet all 3 safety conditions do exist.  
"M&P Pistols come with a loaded chamber indicator. This indicator can be observed by looking at the top of the slide/ejection port, noting an opening at the rear of the barrel hood. By looking into this opening, you can observe whether or not a round is in the firearm's chamber. If a round is in the chamber, you would see the actual brass or silver colored rim through this opening."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top