Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2021 5:44:43 PM EDT
If anybody happens to be stopping by the FleetFarm in Stevens Point, would you mind seeing if they really have this barrel in stock?
It's an 18" Remington 870 barrel made by Mossberg.
It's a little far for me to stop by and see if the website is right (I'm near LaCrosse).

870 Barrel

ETA: Nevermind, it let me add it to my cart and checkout for store pickup. Now I wait to see if I get a "come and get it" or "we can't find it" email.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:54:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
If anybody happens to be stopping by the FleetFarm in Stevens Point, would you mind seeing if they really have this barrel in stock?
It's an 18" Remington 870 barrel made by Mossberg.
It's a little far for me to stop by and see if the website is right (I'm near LaCrosse).

870 Barrel

ETA: Nevermind, it let me add it to my cart and checkout for store pickup. Now I wait to see if I get a "come and get it" or "we can't find it" email.
View Quote

I bought that same barrel at the Antigo FF last fall. I looked at the website the morning before I went, to buy it for store pickup, as I was going down there that day anyway. It said they didn't have it in stock. Neither did the Wausau store. Nor did either store have the Remington made barrel. I went anyway for some other stuff, and they had 2 of the Mossberg made barrels on the shelf. They had 1 of the Remington made too.

Their website inventory is prone to being wrong, I've seen that numerous times.

You can always call them and ask... but take it for what it's worth.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:41:39 PM EDT
[#2]
As mentioned, the online store inventory is pretty hit and miss.

I thought I recall seeing one there not too long ago, but could be wrong.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:37:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought a utility trailer there last summer. It was an "adventure" to say the least. They had the Karavan 6x12 on sale for $200 off. I'm 60 miles north of Antigo, the nearest store. And it's a newer, BIG store. But the website claimed there wasn't a 6x12 available within 100 miles of 54409 (Antigo). So I called the Antigo store to inquire about a raincheck, or to find out if any were being delivered shortly.

The woman in the auto dept I talked to checked her computer, and it said there was 1 in stock at the Clintonville store. She had no clue if any more were coming to Antigo. They also had some at Green Bay East, that's 165 miles away. Clintonville is 110 miles away...I'd go right past the Antigo store on U.S. 45, then another 50 miles or so. But I thought it best to call first and confirm.

I specifically said I wanted a Karavan 6x12 that was on sale for $1500. The guy I talked to said they had one left. I asked if he could hold it for me if I gave him a credit card # or "bought it online for pick up". I was almost 2 hours away and would come same day, and didn't want to get there and find out they just sold it before I arrived.

He said they don't sell trailers online, and manager said it's against policy, but they'd hold it until noon only...it was 10am.

So I drove down there asap, got there at 11:45, go to service desk, and they have the paperwork ready for me....for a 6x12 Teske brand trailer that was also on sale. No.... I want a Karavan. They had 7 in stock, just had a delivery the day before. No need to rush right down there.

Then, it only took them 30 minutes to find the title packets for those Karavan trailers.

They also had spare tires on sale, I needed one of those too. But that store didn't have them in stock yet. But Antigo did.

So we stopped at the Antigo store on the way home for the spare tire. While there, I saw a semi trailer being unloaded in their yard at rear of store. It was full of Karavan trailers.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 6:47:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I bought a utility trailer there last summer. It was an "adventure" to say the least. They had the Karavan 6x12 on sale for $200 off. I'm 60 miles north of Antigo, the nearest store. And it's a newer, BIG store. But the website claimed there wasn't a 6x12 available within 100 miles of 54409 (Antigo). So I called the Antigo store to inquire about a raincheck, or to find out if any were being delivered shortly.

The woman in the auto dept I talked to checked her computer, and it said there was 1 in stock at the Clintonville store. She had no clue if any more were coming to Antigo. They also had some at Green Bay East, that's 165 miles away. Clintonville is 110 miles away...I'd go right past the Antigo store on U.S. 45, then another 50 miles or so. But I thought it best to call first and confirm.

I specifically said I wanted a Karavan 6x12 that was on sale for $1500. The guy I talked to said they had one left. I asked if he could hold it for me if I gave him a credit card # or "bought it online for pick up". I was almost 2 hours away and would come same day, and didn't want to get there and find out they just sold it before I arrived.

He said they don't sell trailers online, and manager said it's against policy, but they'd hold it until noon only...it was 10am.

So I drove down there asap, got there at 11:45, go to service desk, and they have the paperwork ready for me....for a 6x12 Teske brand trailer that was also on sale. No.... I want a Karavan. They had 7 in stock, just had a delivery the day before. No need to rush right down there.

Then, it only took them 30 minutes to find the title packets for those Karavan trailers.

They also had spare tires on sale, I needed one of those too. But that store didn't have them in stock yet. But Antigo did.

So we stopped at the Antigo store on the way home for the spare tire. While there, I saw a semi trailer being unloaded in their yard at rear of store. It was full of Karavan trailers.
View Quote

Sometimes all you can do is laugh!
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 4:11:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I have one of those Karavan trailers I bought about 4-5 years ago. I love it. Just add some of your own anchor points. It is a little lacking in tie-down anchorage.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 11:23:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have one of those Karavan trailers I bought about 4-5 years ago. I love it. Just add some of your own anchor points. It is a little lacking in tie-down anchorage.
View Quote

I added H.D. tie down rings on all 4 corners, bolted right through the frame. There's pre-drilled holes along frame rail for adding screw-eye mounts too, that have plastic caps in them if you don't use them. I also added some 1X8 treated lumber boards to the side and front rails (left clearance for the fenders, so side rails still flip down), and a swing-down trailer jack with dual wheels from Harbor Freight.

My UTV didn't come with a winch, and I added a 3,000lb Champion brand winch. I did not like it for use with snow plow (control buttons' responsiveness sucked) and replaced it with a Superwinch LT4000, which I love. I'm rigging up a mount for the 3,000lb Champion on front of trailer.  
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 9:43:19 PM EDT
[#7]
All I saw today was a slug barrel/scope combo.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 10:24:07 AM EDT
[#8]
OP probably wouldn't want to drive that far, but I'm going to the Antigo store sometime early this week (mon-wed?), I'll look for it there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top