Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2020 9:22:09 PM EDT
I sent in my 2019 PA state tax return via certified mail.  A little old-school, I know.

Anyway, it took like 8 business days to get from Delco to Harrisburg.  I tracked it, and it looked like it bounced all over the places in and around Harrisburg for 6 days.  It finally landed somewhere.

I never did get the certified mail coupon thingy back in the mail.

Is this maybe relate to the Covid fiasco?

Anybody else have this issue?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 10:13:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't have an answer to your question.  However, I sent my check into Harrisburg on April 15th, and they still haven't cashed it.  Something is up, just not sure what it is.  A part of me thinks that 'they' are waiting to the July (June?) date to clean everything up.

I wouldn't worry about it...yet
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 8:58:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Part of me thinks that not recognizing the payment now just adds to the state's cries of "we need money from the Feds, look how low our revenue is".
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 8:27:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Update: I finally got the certified mail delivery postcard thing in the mail today.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 4:50:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I just throw mine in regular mail, never had an issue.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top