Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/15/2020 1:06:27 PM EDT
I'm hitting up either North Lake or Lake Killarney in the Kayak after work tonight, and I just realized I've caught probably hundreds of trout over the course of my lifetime, but never caught a tagged one.

I fished Star lake last weekend, got 5 in about an hour and a half, all planters around 10" on a trout magnet. (I love trout magnets BTW)
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 2:03:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I admire your fishing prowess.
It makes me want to go to QFC to see if I  can buy some fresh trout!
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 2:13:22 PM EDT
[#2]
No, but oh do I have a story...

My buddy was going fishing one day, but hadnt intended to keep anything. Well, his neighbor wanted a salmon if he caught one. Fine. So hes out fishing and catches one salmon. Drops it in the cooler. Fish Polcie come along, all the normal. Polite, hows it going, what do you have etc. They look the salmon over, yep yep everything is fine nice fish have a nice day.

About half an hour later they come motoring back...Hey, we need to see that fish again.

Ends up he had caught some salmon that was protected, but damn near identical in looks to another one which wasnt. Of course here comes all the gruff bullshit and all that. Poaching, threat of confiscation, etc etc but we'll let you off easy heres your ticket.

Goddamn fish was so similar the Fish police didnt recognize it at first, but of course once they figured it out its Katy bar the door here comes the jack booted thugs cause hot damn they got themselves one of those dangerous poachers!

Best part is my buddy would have never kept it except is neighbor wanted one!
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 4:38:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I caught a tagged salmon once. They cut straight down to the mouth, just below the eyes. They take the whole upper jaw to get their tag back.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 9:28:15 PM EDT
[#4]
No but I catch hundreds of trout in my back yard.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 7:18:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Kolat:
No but I catch hundreds of trout in my back yard.
View Quote

I want to move to where you live. You adopting? ??
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 10:24:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By -GunNutJuell-:

I want to move to where you live. You adopting? ??
View Quote

Its rough having this a 500 yard walk across my pasture.

Link Posted: 5/18/2020 5:54:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Kolat:

Its rough having this a 500 yard walk across my pasture.

https://i.imgur.com/WkuGP0D.jpg
View Quote

Nice! But it looks like you caught the corona...
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 11:37:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By -GunNutJuell-:

Nice! But it looks like you caught the corona...
View Quote

I was micro dosing to build an immunity
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top