Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2021 12:40:50 PM EDT
Hi all,

Have any of you guys been to the Lebanon or Jackson gun shows recently? I’d kinda like to go to a show in the near future. Typically I look for random parts(ie either odd ball retro parts or non-ar stuff), c&r stuff,  and reloading components. Either of those shows actually had anything like that recently?
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 1:28:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been to the last several in Lebanon, they were pretty good shows in my opinion. There was plenty of new fangled stuff but a good selection of older more interesting stuff as well. November and December were jumping I expect the one next weekend will be insane.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 3:33:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm considering getting a table at the Jackson show later this month or the Lebanon show in Feb and try to move guns I no longer use but still have. Glad to hear the shows are good. Never been to one in Jackson but did go to one in Lebanon a couple years ago when I was in the area and it was pretty good.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 9:52:37 AM EDT
[#3]
The Lebanon RK shows are finally what middle Tennessee deserves. After years of shitty locations(literally, if you remember the dungeon in Murfreesboro with the plumbing issues), the Wilson county expo center has the room, parking, light, bathroom facilities, and cleanliness to put on good shows.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 10:36:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Lebanon RK shows are finally what middle Tennessee deserves. After years of shitty locations(literally, if you remember the dungeon in Murfreesboro with the plumbing issues), the Wilson county expo center has the room, parking, light, bathroom facilities, and cleanliness to put on good shows.
View Quote

I never went to any of those. When I lived here before (07’-10) the Franklin show at the ag expo center was really good. But its not happening anymore for whatever reason.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:41:45 PM EDT
[#5]
@C_Swimm
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 9:17:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I’ve been to a few of the ones in Jackson over the past couple years. They have been better than they were years ago and I’ll probably go to the next one this month. It’s hit or miss on parts. No major just parts dealers. But some stuff. I go in a large part just to see what’s there, with an occasional purchase.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 8:34:44 AM EDT
[#7]
I've worked shows at both locations although not in 2 years.

Lebanon has the best facility because it's the newest. Everything is clean, for example. Free parking too.

Quality is hit or miss, like many shows. Not too much on the walk-around guys either. Some say it's gotten better & that's a good thing.

The Jackson shows have odd golden nuggets pop up at the most unusual of times. These are walk-arounds rather than dealers I'm speaking of.

My biggest complaint about the Jackson show is that Fudd's get riled up when they're told their 12ga pump with 28" bbl & fixed choke isn't worth $450 on trade. Every time.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:08:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Holy shit, I think we have a full-blown panic at the Lebanon show today! Traffic is backed up & not moving from I-40 to the expo center. I’m sure the line to get in is around the building, as well as very cramped inside.

I turned around and am going to have brunch with a buddy instead. My inner capitalist pig doesn’t need to sell a gun that badly.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:42:32 PM EDT
[#9]
I live about half an hour from Jackson, have attended a couple of shows and not particularly impressed.
For the money ($10 per) I'd just as soon wait for one to roll around to the Agricenter in Memphis.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 6:53:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Holy shit, I think we have a full-blown panic at the Lebanon show today! Traffic is backed up & not moving from I-40 to the expo center. I’m sure the line to get in is around the building, as well as very cramped inside.

I turned around and am going to have brunch with a buddy instead. My inner capitalist pig doesn’t need to sell a gun that badly.
View Quote

dang, i was really hoping for a report, being really curious about what shows are like now.   but i guess that says what needs to be said now.    
i wonder how many were going to sell vs buy
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:13:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

dang, i was really hoping for a report, being really curious about what shows are like now.   but i guess that says what needs to be said now.    
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My friend had someone on the inside who waited in line almost an hour to get in, and said that it was packed to the gills with panicky people. I may go tomorrow morning if it dies down a little bit.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:38:12 PM EDT
[#12]
unreal.  i can't imagine waiting an hour to get into a gun show.  it's like we're practicing for commie kamala's bread lines.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:39:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

For the money ($10 per) I'd just as soon wait for one to roll around to the Agricenter in Memphis.
View Quote

You're gonna be waiting a loooooooooong time then as Memphis has banned shows from there.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:41:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
unreal.  i can't imagine waiting an hour to get into a gun show.  it's like we're practicing for commie kamala's bread lines.
View Quote

Many of the shows after a school or mass shooting had long assed lines. I've been working shows for 30+ years now, I've seen it all, IMO.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:19:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

You're gonna be waiting a loooooooooong time then as Memphis has banned shows from there.
View Quote

Well,

damn
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:14:00 PM EDT
[#16]
I went with a buddy yesterday. We actually thought it was a pretty good show. Now that said, I wasn’t looking for 5.56 or 9mm ammo. On the whole, the prices were better than I’ve been seeing at shows closer to me. Naturally, there were some pretty outrageous prices on some things. The $85 lb of powder comes to mind. But I found enough of the oddball stuff I was looking for to make it worth the 2 hr drive to get there and the time waiting in line to get in. Assuming it’s still going on in the future, I’ll probably go again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top