Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2020 11:54:01 PM EDT
So I am finishing up my second build and I would like to pin my gas block and was wondering if anyone knows a reliable gunsmith in the St. Louis or surrounding counties that charges a reasonable price.

Stainless steel Wilson Combat barrel and Geissele low profile gas block.

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 12:15:23 AM EDT
[#1]
The only smiths I know and trust are C and S Metal Works in St. Charles and Cedar Falls in Bonneterre...
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 12:18:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Great! I’ll look into C and S.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 12:48:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Helix gunsmith in arnold
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 11:54:18 AM EDT
[#4]
StL side I'm looking for a smith to fix my dad's old JCHiggins side by side shotgun.   Something is rattling around inside the action and I'm not willing to test fire it with that going on.

It's not an expensive gun, but it was my dad's. Sentimental value is high. Don't want some random Bubba who took a class with a guy that took a class to make it any worse.

I hesitate to take it to the guys  advertising because older fudd stuff seems to be out of vogue with anyone hanging their shingle.   I can google and youtube as well as most of these guys. What I'm looking for is someone that knows these old guns in particular.

Thanks if you know anyone.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 1:55:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 7:36:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Hellbent in St Louis valley....

good ppl
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 7:48:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I haven't had these folks work on anything yet, but they did give me a tour of the shop.......very nice and just about everything you need.

https://firstgunsmithing.com/   in Valley Park
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 11:50:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I haven't had these folks work on anything yet, but they did give me a tour of the shop.......very nice and just about everything you need.

https://firstgunsmithing.com/   in Valley Park
View Quote
If that's the place by Sugarfire they were top of the list I was considering. Was still looking for a positive review before calling. Thanks. I'll get in touch with them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top