Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/20/2021 6:11:44 PM EDT
Not sure how but if you need stuff shipped down or sent to collection center I’m willing to help.

I’m not rich but we might be able to work something out.

I did some work with a local church in Louisiana a couple years ago.

Or I can fuck off and mind my own business
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 6:18:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the offer. The world needs more folks like you!
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 6:45:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the offer. The world needs more folks like you!
View Quote

Believe it or not I’ve been through some shit up here in my 60 years
And I guided my son and his family thru a couple nasty hurricanes in SE Florida
It’s because of this website that have any clue about preps

I have a generator
Water filtration
Plenty of food
First aid
And ammo
And my family has been educated by me

All because of Arfcom

I try to give back.

Even if you all just need some advice.
I’m pretty skilled in most mechanical trades and I’m an industrial elecrtrician

Link Posted: 2/20/2021 8:31:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for reaching out and offering.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 9:20:34 PM EDT
[#4]
THANK YOU FOR YOUR OFFER!!!

ARFCOM has absolutely the BEST Folks on the Planet!

Can't say how many times I've been helped out by someone here, or been Blessed to have the opportunity to help someone else back!

Good On You!

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 9:31:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
THANK YOU FOR YOUR OFFER!!!

ARFCOM has absolutely the BEST Folks on the Planet!

Can't say how many times I've been helped out by someone here, or been Blessed to have the opportunity to help someone else back!

Good On You!

BIGGER_HAMMER
View Quote

Well I’m on arf all the time.

IM, email, I will contact guys on the CTHTF too.

Stay warm, I hope you guys get it straightened out, hold the people and orgs that screwed you over accountable and of course you learn from the experience.

God bless you all.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 11:03:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I appreciate your thought, but there are a lot of others who need help more than I do.  Thankfully I was (barely) able to get by through the winter-pocalypse.

The world does indeed need more people like you.

And yes, I agree with the poster that there are a lot of really fine humans on arfcom.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 11:32:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Really nice of you to offer. Nothing needed here and I’d extend the offer to help others if needed as well. If someone hits you up for help, but can’t close the deal due to distance, let me know and I’ll jump in to help facilitate or transport etc.

Link Posted: 2/20/2021 11:34:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Same offer if anyone needs help

I hit the fort worth area tomorrow.

I have a spare generator and coats.

Start working on claims monday for frozen pipes but we're working 7x12s

If you plan on making a claim to insurance Keep your receipts, document everything in writing and photos, get written statements from any contractors you use (who what when where why), if you had to leave home because it was unlivable document your additional living expenses and be prepared to show your regular living expenses.

Some insurance companies will pay for generators, some only for unusual fuel bills.

Link Posted: 2/20/2021 11:43:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Also, before getting into insurance adjuster thing I was a general contractor and a plumber for a few years along with facilities maintenance.

I'll likely be dispatched from dfw area orientation shortly but no idea to where
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 11:51:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Thank you very nice of you to offer help. I was without power for 4 days down here but we did alright I'm really far south so we didn't get snow but it sure was cold I slept in my thermals with jackets under a few blankets and did fine.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 12:09:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the offer, brother.  With the sun out and power getting  back to where it needs to be, a lot of things are already starting to get better.

You are a good man.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 8:39:24 PM EDT
[#12]
In to help ship stuff to Texas if anybody needs anything, hard to get items, etc. Will neckbeard what I can for you fuckers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top