Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/19/2020 8:25:57 PM EDT
I’m looking for people in the Huntsville/Decatur area to ride with. I have a 2017 FZ-10 and I’ve been riding sport bikes if all kinds for about 22 years.

I’d like to find a few or at least one person to ride with and show me some of the roads in the area. So far I’ve only mainly been riding from home in Decatur to work in Madison with the odd solo ride thrown in occasionally.

I’m not into stunting or riding like an ass everywhere but I do like to ride fast on back roads within reason. Let me know if anyone wants to show this FL got what a real twisty road is like.

Jesus that so sounds like a personals add lol
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 4:45:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I’d invite you to my old motorcycle group of friends but most of us don’t ride street anymore.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 11:37:27 PM EDT
[#2]
What kind of riding do you do?
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 9:51:10 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't ride anymore, but when I did, one of my favorite rides was Hwy 65 in Gurley north to Winchester via Skyline.  Nice long, curvy with a lot of good views and not a lot of traffic.

Good luck!

Link Posted: 5/21/2020 7:31:46 PM EDT
[#4]
That one is nice and so is 224 (I think) in Guntersville. I’d like to find a couple of people to ride with still. Solo rides are fun but riding with people is too. Plus I’d like to ride with some people who know the roads and may be better riders. That’s been the times I learned the most was riding with better riders. I’m a good street rider but I’m always looking to improve and learn more. My old roommate and I used to but he moved to Texas a year or so ago.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 9:31:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What kind of riding do you do?
View Quote

I ride trails now on a dirt bike.

As a younger guy I used to ride street.  Many of my buddies were track hounds that rode at Barber and little Talladega raceway on a regular basis. Some of them post here, even.

Link Posted: 5/22/2020 5:04:30 PM EDT
[#6]
If you can locate the riding community in Madison county then lemme know

Been here 3 yrs and I only see motorcycles parked at bike night and on the occasional poker/boobie run
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 11:34:31 PM EDT
[#7]
If you’re in Madison I’m there all the time. I work in Madison and live in Decatur. What do you ride?

My bike
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 8:16:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I ride trails now on a dirt bike.

As a younger guy I used to ride street.  Many of my buddies were track hounds that rode at Barber and little Talladega raceway on a regular basis. Some of them post here, even.

View Quote

That’s something I’ve never done. I rode a dirt bike once when I was a kid in a friends backyard for 15min  but that’s it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top