Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/7/2021 5:20:07 AM EDT
Was wondering if there were any shooters in the Port St. Lucie/Stuart/Palm City or I guess even Ft. Pierce area.

I moved up from Miami this summer and unfortunately all my shooting buddies are still down in Miami so I don't have anybody to train with.

Hoping to find some shooters around here for training and then some advice/recommendations on ranges as well.

I have been to okeechobee range a long time ago and I remember they have decent bays.
Went to the Lotus gun range a week ago to test out my new red dot on my glock and that range was pretty good. Prefer outdoor to indoor though.

Shoot me an email if you are in the area.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/9/2021 5:33:22 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm in Port Saint Lucie.

Okeechobee is the closest, decent outdoor range. There is also OK Corral (which is actually right next door to the Okeechobee range)... It is pretty good as well. They have rifle, pistol, cowboy action, and various skeet ranges.

There is also the Indian River county range.  I haven't been there in a long time... Unless it has changed, it is a very nice range, but had FUDD-ish rules last time I was there.

As far as Indoor ranges?... Lotus is probably the best around here.  There is also Saint Lucie Shooting Center, in Saint Lucie West.  It was a nice range last time I was there (been a while) Not as big as Lotus, though.
There is another range in Stuart, that I have not been to (Stuart Shooting Center? I think)  I've heard it's nice, but I don't know.
And there is a pawn and gun store in Vero with a nice range.

BTW, There is a gun show in Fort Pierce this weekend (12/11 and 12/12) at the Fenn Center.
Link Posted: 12/9/2021 6:21:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm in Port Saint Lucie.

Okeechobee is the closest, decent outdoor range.
View Quote

You forget about MCSA? or don't consider it decent? lol...

a lot closer to Stuart than Okeechobee, but limited in it's rifle capabilities for sure...
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 8:23:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

There is also the Indian River county range.  I haven't been there in a long time... Unless it has changed, it is a very nice range, but had FUDD-ish rules last time I was there.

View Quote

Agreed on that.  Its very nice and run by IR County.  I went there one time and the range officers were too fuddish and overbearing for me.  

Link Posted: 12/14/2021 5:53:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I shoot at Lotus for indoor and Okeechobee shooting sports for outdoor.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 6:05:57 PM EDT
[#5]
its a little bit of a drive but the best all around range in south central FLA.

PMRPC

Link Posted: 12/16/2021 4:49:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

a lot closer to Stuart than Okeechobee, but limited in it's rifle capabilities for sure...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm in Port Saint Lucie.

Okeechobee is the closest, decent outdoor range.

I've never been there.
Isn't it a members only place?
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 2:23:43 PM EDT
[#7]
yes. My family membership is $300/yr. but it is an option.
I do wish they had longer than a 100yd range but the location prevents that.
It is convenient tho.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top